what happened ?

tw : anti asian hate 

An explanation of what happened in Georgia written by Angela Chaplin of The Cut ! 

On Tuesday, eight people were at three Atlanta-area spas. Six of the victims were Asian women. Police have arrested a suspect, a 21-year-old white man named Robert Aaron Long who may have been en route to Florida to carry out more shootings, to Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms.

Long told investigators he had a sex addiction and wanted to "eliminate any temptation." The horrific murders come during a surge in violence and hate crimes against Asian Americans. Over the past 11 months, there have been nearly reported to the forum Stop AAPI Hate, a disproportionate number of them directed at women, spurred in part by racism linked to the COVID-19 pandemic and fueled by the former president's about the "Kung Flu." (In a post-election survey, one in six Asian Americans said they had COVID-19-related racism.) Many of these incidents involve racial slurs and violence: a man was attacked in a New York City subway station, a woman was shoved to the ground outside a Queens bakery, and an educator's finger was severed after he was at a bus stop in California. 

i'm going to include resources in the next chap