Chapter 29

WARNING:The mention of abusive relationships might trigger the reader

WARNING:
The mention of abusive relationships might trigger the reader. Even though it isn't descriptive, it might not sit well with some readers. I will let you guys know when will it be mentioned so you can skip it.

》3rd POV

After days of training, Y/N was able to control most of her powers. She was surprised at all the things Loki was capable of doing with his abilities, and was surprised that she too had acquired all of his powers by chance. She was sure that she'd finally be able to return to her normal routine and walk outside freely without worrying about her powers going out of control.

Today Loki would test her on everything he had taught her to see how far she had been able to adjust to her abilities. He enjoyed every second he spent teaching her, but he tried to keep a distance between the girl and his feelings as he knew Y/N wouldn't feel comfortable. He had overstepped his boundaries with the girl before and now he was suffering the consequences of his actions. Even so, though it ached to not be able to hold her and tell her how he really felt, he was glad that at least he could do this much to be close to her. At least they had gotten along well ever since he started to train her. She picked up on everything easily even though the first few days were complicated due to his poor teaching skills and the tension that was more than evident between them both.

After both had managed to get along with each other, things went smoothly and Y/N secretly acknowledged she enjoyed Loki's obnoxious presence and his constant teasing. Even when he could be annoying, she felt understood. She had someone she could rely on when she doubted herself and Loki, despite also trying his best to become the better version of himself, became her confidant during the couple of days, and maybe even weeks, she spent stuck in his room.

She had to admit that the time she had spent there showed a great change in Loki's character and demeanor. He was nicer and much hardworking than he had ever been. She saw the way he had become more observant and selfless. It was strange to feel so proud of the trickster god who she thought of a jerk ever since she studied Norse Mythology.

No one knew about his improvement except for Y/N, as he was forced to impersonate Y/N until she recovered and learned how to handle her new powers, people thought that the egoistic Prince didn't wish to leave his room. But in reality, he had to pretend and mold to her personality, making him slowly keep his kindness, and selflessness, a normal habit rather than an obligation due to pretending to be the human girl. He didn't notice his change, he just kept a genuine smile he rarely ever had before and his tricks were used for the sole purpose of helping others rather than himself and his selfish needs. It was strange for the god of mischief to be everything except mischievous and wicked. Y/N wondered if he'd ever notice the change he made for himself and how proud she was of him as much as he was proud of her.

Y/N thought that maybe, after all the struggles and disagreements, they'd finally be able to be friends. Well, at least until they found a solution to make Y/N normal again.