𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳

[Edited Again]

"I have become a cry baby..."

Aether looked at y/n with his brows raised then smirked, "I was wondering when you would notice."

Y/n gave him a scorching glare, "You'd better shut your mouth before I rip out your tongue, blondie."

'I should've expected this. Lumine typically acts this way during shark week-' "Sorry..."

The two were silent once more, watching Paimon and Zhongli take the kites that had apparently been pre-ordered.

"Y/n? What do you think you'd be like if you hadn't been raised by hilichurls?" Aetehr questioned and y/n blinked.

"Ah... well... I would be much better at speaking. Though I have gotten better since I started traveling with you and Paimon, I would have a... ah... wider vocabulary. I would understand more about the world. You know?"

Aether nodded, "I get it."

It was a moment before y/n snapped her fingers, "Aha! I remember now! A year or two ago, I think I was making fun of a married couple for being all lovey dovey!"

"Really?" Aether inquired, "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Sounds like something you'd do."

"Cut it out!"

Y/n crossed her arms with a huff, "Amber had to explain the concept of love to me. I have a basic understanding of it now, but-"

Her shoulders relaxed slightly and a distant look occupied her e/c eyes, "Will I ever find someone like that? Someone I want to spend my entire life with?"

"That's an odd question but yeah, there's not a doubt in my mind that you'll find someone." Aether replied, begging the warmth in his cheeks to go away, "Did you have anyone in mind?"

"Well, there are a lot of people I wanna spend the rest of my life with." y/n began counting on her fingers, "Diluc and I would get to play a lot of chess together! Amber is a bit exhausting to be around but I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her, Benny and I could go on adventures, Razor and I could have as many hunting trips as we want and cuddle when it gets cold, Childe is a big meanie but if staying with him means I get to talk about ruin guards with Teucer, I'm up for it. Kaeya, even if he is a jerk face, can teach me to swim-"

"Woah, woah, woah, you don't know how to swim?" Aether demanded.

Y/n nodded, "If you've seen a hilichurl get knocked into water, you can tell they don't exactly... float. Matr was always tall and able to walk in water easily so I had nobody to teach me. Kaeya offered last year but I was not exactly in a good mood at the time."

"I really think we should teach you how to swim, y/n, I really do-"

"Shut up, I didn't finish my list." y/n snapped then cleared her throat, "Even if the Old Man has a dry personality, he gives good headpats. I don't know if you know him but I taught a good friend of mine dark humor. I wonder if he still uses it... I should visit. I call him Ocean Eyes since it's wayyyy better than calling him by his name. Then there's Popsicle Boy! I dunno if you met him yet. The Book Worm too, I like reading with him. But my number one choice would be you."

Y/n pointed at Aether, surprising him.

"...me?" he questioned.

Y/n nodded twice, "My goal is still to help you find your sister but I really like you a lot. I would not mind continuing to travel with you."

Aether's cheeks grew red as the girl stared at him with unblinking e/c eyes.

'Me? Number one choice?' Aether wondered then internally sighed, 'I... don't think she completely understands what love is-'

Aether didn't say anything when a familiar ginger walked up behind y/n and covered her eyes with a smirk and a little teasing, "Guess who?"

Y/n, of course, panicked and elbowed the Harbinger in the crotch with a loud, "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP!"

Childe stood there for a second in pure shock. Aether could see him die on the inside, watching as his soul literally left this body before the Harbinger keeled over in pain. Y/n turned around with a gasp.

"Holy-! Childe! I'm so sorry!" y/n yelped, frantically darting from one side of the ginger to the other, "Are you alright? You are not going to die, are you? Do you need to go to a hospital? I'm very sorry. Please don't die. I would appreciate it if you didn't die. Oh my Unu, he is going to die, isn't he?"

'Ah... what if y/n hadn't been raised by hilichurls?' Aether wondered as y/n continued to apologize to Childe, who was still trying to recover from y/n's forceful attack, 'I think she'd be an intelligent, caring and maybe even a little impulsive person.'

Aether smiled, shaking his head, 'Though I quite like her the way she is. I'll admit, it's kind of cute when she freaks out over something.'

"Y/N, YOU KILLED OUR WALLET!" Paimon shrieked and tears sprung to y/n's eyes.

"I DIDN'T MEAN TOOOOO!" the girl sobbed, beginning to cry again.

Aether made a mental note to buy the girl something to help with the mood swings.

Seeing her cry kind of made him sad.

(Enjoy the crumbs I managed to scoop together. Tomorrow's chapter will probably be pretty lengthy ;w;)