25

•Lost•Word count 1471

•Lost•
Word count 1471

"If you truly liked me you would give this a chance!" Adelina tells Riven as she gestures to the both of them. Riven ran a hand through his hair as his mind wouldn't stop spinning. "Do you know how hard it is for me to commit to someone?" Riven asks her sharply. "Believe me I know.... and that's exactly why I didn't want anything to happen between us." Adelina scoffs in disbelief. "We won't work Adi...." Riven warns her. "You won't know if you don't try." Adelina tells him softly. Rivens eyes locked with Adelina causing him to see the pain in her eyes. He took a deep breath as she looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry I can't be who you want me to be." Riven tells her as his voice cracks. "Riv..." Adelina begins to tell him but he shakes his hand at her. "I don't like you Adi...... I don't.... we would never be good together..." Riven lied as a small tear fell down his cheek. Adelina felt like her heart was being torn apart at Rivens words. She knew he was lying and she knew he was just scared of commitment.

Before Adelina had time to say anything else Riven took off into the woods. Adelina threw her hands up in anger as she watched him run further and further away from her. "Coward! I can't hide how I feel about you! You are such an Asshole!" Adelina screamed at him unsure if he was able to hear her. Riven sprinted further and further into the woods as he couldn't get Adelina off of his mind. He wanted to be with her but something was holding him back. He knew he liked her... hell....he had never felt this way about anyone before. He didn't want to hurt her and he knew she deserved better. He felt tree branches smack against his skin as he quickened his pace. He couldn't believe he ran away from her. When things got tough he always ran away from all his problems. Riven yelled loudly causing his voice to echo through the forest. He stopped running as he took deep breathes.

Why did Riven have to like her? Why did she have to like him back? Why couldn't she just date a nice guy like Sky? Rivens eyes landed on the barrier that was inches away from him. His mind screamed at him to run back to Adelina and apologize and kiss her but his body pushed through the barrier. He walked further and further away from the barrier as he pulled out a cigarette. "I hope a burned one comes and fucking smacks me in my dumbass head." Riven muttered to himself. Meanwhile Adelina had walked back to her room. She wasn't the type of girl to chase after a boy and she knew Riven needed time alone. His words echoed through her mind. "I don't like you Adi.... I don't... we would never be good together." A huge part of Adelina knew that he was partially right. They were always fighting with one another and Riven was probably the worst person that she could have ever fallen for. It hurt hearing him say he didn't like her. She knew he didn't mean it but it still made her heart feel like it was being torn apart over and over again.

"Rivens bad for me...... but I can't stay away from him....." Adelina told Stella as she plopped down on her bed. "I've seen the way you two are when you are around each other... he wants to be good for you Adi.... you change him for the better." Stella tells Adelina softly. "He won't let himself like me." Adelina whispers in disappointment. "Well that's his problem not yours... when he stops being an idiot... he better be outside your window with a boom box asking for your forgiveness." Stella tells her in a sarcastic tone. Both girls laughed as Adelina nodded her head. The rest of the day passed and Adelina tried to take her mind off off of Riven but she couldn't. He hadn't come by once and she couldn't help but wish he did. When night time arrived Adelina snuck out of her room causing Stella to wake up. "You're going to see him... aren't you?" Stella asked her curiously.

Adelina weakly nodded causing Stella to laugh. Adelina quietly walked to Rivens room. She softly knocked on the door which was quickly opened by Sky. He was shirtless with a towel hanging on his hips. "Adi?" Sky mumbles in a tired voice. "Sky? How you feeling?" Adelina asked him nervously. She tries to look behind him to see if Riven is in his room. "I'm good." Sky tells her as he leans against the door. Sky noticed Adelina trying to look behind him. "Are you looking for Riven?" Sky asks her playfully as a laugh leaves his mouth. "Yeah... is he in here?" Adelina asked him curiously. "He hasn't been here all day... I assumed he was with you." Sky tells her softly. Adelinas face filled with worry. She remembered him running off into the woods but he couldn't have stayed there all day. "I'm sure he's just smoking somewhere." Adelina tells Sky as she tries to calm herself down. Sky tried to call Riven at least five times but it went straight to voicemail every single time.

Adelinas mind immediately went into panic mode. What if she scared him off? What if he ran away? What if something got to him? What if he no longer wanted to be at Alfea? "I'm sure he's fine." Sky tells her softly as he places his hand on her arm. "I'm gonna go look for him." Adelina tells Sky frantically. "Hold up... I'll go with you." Sky tells her as he walks into his room. Adelina stands outside his room as she waits for him to get dressed. Once he was ready they both walked through the hall together. "When did you last see him?" Sky asked her curiously. "We were arguing and he ran into the woods." Adelina explains to Sky. Sky looks worried as he picks up his walking pace. "He wouldn't do anything dumb... right?" Adelina asked Sky as her voice got tense. "Yeah... he wouldn't..... especially if it was about you." Sky lies as his voice cracks.

Adelina nudges Sky's arm as she laughs nervously. The two arrived outside and walked to the stone circle. "He went this way." Adelina told Sky as she pointed towards the woods. The two headed into the woods as they looked around for any sign of their friend. Adelinas phone started ringing in her pants scaring the crap out of her and Sky. "Probably just a scam call." Adelina mutters as she struggles to pull the phone out of her pocket. Sky continued to scan the area around them as Adelina looked at her phone. Adelina looked down at who was calling her and the ID showed up as "Riven."
"It's him!" Adelina yelled in an excited tone as she quickly picked up her phone. She put him on speaker as Sky looked over her shoulder. "Adi?" Riven yelled through the phone. His voice sounded staticky through the phone. "Riven.... where the hell are you?" Adelina yelled at him. "I don't where I am.... I'm trapped... i can't get out... I can't move..... please find me..." Riven whispered frantically into the phone. He sounded so scared making Adelina feel a tug in her heart.

"Tell us what you see?" Sky asked him sharply. "I can't see anything..... absolutely nothing.... there's something stabbing in my arm and I keep hearing strange noises......" Riven tells them as his voice cracks. "Tell us how to find you." Adelina tells him desperately. "I'm past the barrier." Riven tells her causing Adelina and Sky's hearts to sink. "How far from the barrier?" Sky asked him. Adelina and Sky both looked at each other as their faces were filled with panic. "Really far." Riven tells them softly. "We will find you....... just stay where you are." Adelina reassures him. "Someone's coming... I have to go." Riven tells her frantically. "Don't hang up!" She yelled at him but he immediately hung up on them. Adelina tried to call him again but he didn't pick up. "He's past the barrier." Sky mutters fearfully. "He needs our help." Adelina replies sharply. "We have no idea what we are even up against.... we are going to need help." Sky tells Adelina softly. "We can't go to any teachers." Adelina tells him in a sharp tone. "Who said anything about any teachers?" Sky replies in a mischievous tone. Adelina had no idea what danger Riven was in but she knew she needed to help him.

______________________________
Riven needs some help 😯