Chapter 23

When I woke up the next morning, I was a little groggy. It didn't feel like I had been sleeping for a while. And my face, the only part of me not safely hidden in my sleeping bag, was freezing, especially the tip of my nose.

I would have curled up against Alex for warmth, but he wasn't there. Instead, I sat up in the tent, looking around, a little confused and then I looked down in surprise, feeling cold.

My freaking sleeping bag was unzipped.

Ugh.

And I was sure I had zipped it. Or maybe I hadn't. I had been pretty tired.

Oh well.

I didn't hear anyone outside. Everyone must still have been asleep, so where the hell was Alex?

I lifted my legs to my chin, rubbing my nose on my knees, holding my arms around them.

Damn it, I was cold.

I had my hood on, and I could feel my hair, still a little damp. That really didn't help my cause.

I decided to go look for Alex, and maybe stand by the fire, if it hadn't died, so I crawled out of the tent.

Oh just perfect.

Alex hadn't even zipped it closed it properly

How out of it was he?

I got out of the tent, and yawned loudly, stretching my arms far out, before walking up to the fire.

The grass was covered with dew, damping my shoes and the bottom of my sweat pants as I walked to the circle of chairs. The morning was chilly, the light wind making the leaves of the trees shiver now and then. The sun was still low, but piercing, meaning the morning was barely beginning.

I wrapped my arms around me.

Alex was there, sitting on a chair.

"Hey, how long have you been up?" I asked him, startling him.

"Damn it Kitty, don't sneak up on me like that again," he said and I think he put his phone in his pocket.

What was he doing on his phone at this time of the day?

Oh well.

"You still look tired," Alex stated.

"That's because I am," I answered and yawned again. "Damn it, it was freaking freezing in there. When you left you could have zipped up the tent properly. How long did the cold had to creep in the tent?"

"About an hour and a half," Alex laughed.

"Why'd you get up so early?" I asked him, frowning.

He looked quite tired himself. Actually, he had huge bags under his eyes.

I sat on the char beside him, lifting my legs to my chest.

"Oh you know. I woke up, couldn't sleep again, got out, the usual," Alex said and stretched.

"God, it's freezing," I whispered and wrapped my arms around my legs.

"Stop complaining Kitty," Alex laughed, shaking his head. "We said no whining."

"Yeah, well, I thought the rule died when you brought Clark and Shawn and their entourage," I answered with a small scowl.

And then Alex started to laughed, but like a lot.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, just you Clark and Shawn, and Blake's face last night... You should have seen him, one of the two dummies stole his tent and got it on in it. He was pissed," Alex laughed.