chapter seventy-three

CHAPTER THREECAPTIVE

CHAPTER THREE
CAPTIVE

WHERE ARE YOU TAKING US?

LOCATION: ON ROAD

"It's a trick."

"It isn't."

Eunha jumped at Minsoo's voice but turned to face her friend when she realized it was only her. "They really have them?"

Minsoo nodded, her eyes sad. "They were running through one of the buildings when Jaemin got a vision and got sick. He got dizzy and tripped and Jeno couldn't get him up in time. They threatened to shoot them if either of them tried anything."

"They have guns," Eunha informed Renjun, her voice beginning to quiver with fear.

Renjun nodded, trying to keep his composure as best as he could although it was hard. In the spur of moments, his fangs had retracted and his eyes turned back to their normal shade of brown.

Eunha turned away from Renjun and back towards Minsoo, now realizing the ghost girl had ran away for a second but was now approaching them again. "They've got Donghyuck and Hyeji. Hyeji doesn't seem too happy about having one of those animal control things around her neck."

"We have to go," Renjun said, looking around the building. Eunha nodded in agreement, peering over to the headlights on the SUVs waiting for them.

The two sighed in defeat, walking back towards the large group of people with their hands up. They ignored the yells from their friends to run, keeping their hands high.

"You kids did the right thing."

The six teenagers' eyes widened at the unusual voice. Turning around they were met with the face of an older man, his jet black hair glossed over with few gray streaks here and there.

"It's nice to finally meet you six. You've gained quite the reputation and it seems to proceed you. I am Doctor Ryu, the head of the board."

"Where are you taking us?" Donghyuck asked, spitting out what could barely be recognizable as blood.

The nurses exchanged glances with one another as they dragged each of the kids to the SUV, Renjun, Eunha, and Jaemin in the front with Jeno and Donghyuck in the back, Hyeji laying across them.

"Are you guys gonna answer or not?" Jaemin asked, glaring at Doctor Ryu and another one of his personnel.

Doctor Ryu continued driving with a stone face, unamused. "We're going to the facility where this all started."

"Where what all started?"

Doctor Ryu smiled, "well you all of course. The place where you all were created. Well, maybe not created, but rather, enhanced from your normal selves. I'm sure you've found out by now that none of you are normal but you haven't even scratched the surface of your capabilities."

"Are there more of us?"

Doctor Ryu's smile fell slightly before he picked it back up, "I'm sure you all are tired, let's get you to your rooms."

The person beside Doctor Ryu picked something up, handing it towards the doctor. He took it, thanking the woman as he placed a rubber band around the back of his head.

"Hey, what's-" Jaemin's voice was cut off as the sound of squeaking echoed in the car.

In seconds, a white gas began filling the air- the six kids beginning to choke on whatever it was. Once the sound of their coughs stopped, the doors were opened.

Doctor Ryu looked into the back at the five human kids and cat, a smile on his face seeing them all passed out.

"Get them to the rooms!"

When Hyeji woke up, she began gasping

When Hyeji woke up, she began gasping. Looking down at her hands, she realized her body was back in its human form.

She looked down, happy to see she was dressed in clothes. Although they weren't hers, she appreciated the loose joggers and t-shirt.

Wait... who dressed me?

"Hyeji?"

"Eunha!"

The two girls got off of the beds, not caring about the dizzy feelings in their heads as they fell into each other's arms.

"Oh my god, we didn't know when or how you would turn back, we were so scared! Are you alright? Not hurt or anything?" Eunha asked, her eyes wide with worry.

"I should be asking you if you're okay! I could smell the blood on you and your shirt when we were leaving." Hyeji replied back, pushing the younger girl's hair back to look at where the cut had been.

"I can't feel it anymore. They must've patched it up while we were knocked out."

Hyeji paused, looking back at Eunha. Silence fell over the two, their minds whirling with different thoughts.

"It's good to see you two have awakened."

Hyeji and Eunha turned towards the door, noticing that Doctor Ryu was back, the same wicked smile on his terrifying face.

→ ♕

so how does this make y'all feel 🏃🏽‍♀️