29|My Sunshine & My Soldier

(ps. listen to You Are My Sunshine at the end)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"But before I go, remember one thing, promise me one thing:be brave when you're afraid

one thing, promise me one thing:
be brave when you're afraid."
~wordsbyjm
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Freya dear, you have to wake up."

Freya blinked, trying to allow her eyes to adjust to the light. "Mother?" Frigga smiled and helped Freya up. "Hello."

Freya frowned and looked around the red tinted world, her green eyes landed on a large golden gate. Then it clicked. She was at the entrance of Valhalla. At the gate stood her friends and family.

Odin

Loki

Fandral

Hogun

Volstagg

Natasha

Tony

Hlin and Frigga stood beside Freya.

"Am I dead?"

Hlin shook her head. "No, you have simply unlocked your full powers," Hlin said, gesturing to Freya's new white armour. The Soul Stone glistered from it's spot on her upper chest. "Then why am I here?" Freya asked, eyes fixed on the gate of Valhalla.

"Because Valhalla is your kingdom."

Frigga sighted and took Freya's hands in her own. "However it is time you return to the land of the living. Your family there is very worried." Frigga gestured to the air and an image was projected.

Freya was in a hospital bed. Bucky was on a chair by her side, sleeping. Idun was curled up in Bucky's lap. Thor was sprawled on a couch in a corner of the room. And ever so often, Freya could see someone peeking in through the window.

"Goodbye, I'll see you again," Freya promised, taking her mother and her aunt's hands before staring at her loved ones in Valhalla. "Make us wait," Hlin whispered, squeezing Freya's hand.

The first thing Freya felt when she woke, was Bucky's soft hair on her right hand. Her features turned into a look of adoration. Slowly, she lifted her hand and brushed it through his tousled hair.