two: the knife

Everyone stood in shock, unaware of how to respond to my last comment. I looked down at the unconscious girl, examining her existence. She looked young, with long (y/h/c) hair, beautiful skin and long eyelashes. She was very pretty, her facial features placed in the way that complements her face shape completely. The others stood in silence around the box as I stared at her, completely taken aback from the experience.
Something about her felt familiar, warm even.

"Dibs!"
"Is she awake?"
"Is she dead?"

"Shut up." I hissed, unsure of how to answer their questions.

"Newt, if she's unconscious we should take her to the hut. Clint and Jeff will know what to do." He said in a comforting tone. I nodded as I bent down to look at her further. She had a long-sleeved grey shirt on and black leggings, hugging her figure perfectly. I touched her hand, searching for a pulse. She was alive, just unresponsive.

I reached over and put her arm over my shoulder, pulling her body over mine. She was very light, so it didn't take much for me to lift her slowly out of the box. Alby followed closely behind me as I took her to the hut, hearing all of the comments about her from the other Gladers as I walked through the field.

I placed her gently on the bed in the hut, still failing to take my eyes off her. Jeff slowly came up from behind me, as to not startle me from my trance. "She'll be fine I'm sure." He said, pretty sure of himself. "She just seems to be in some sort of comatose state, but I doubt she will be in it for very long as no one else has entered through the box like this." He added as I turned slightly to him. "This is strange. No one has ever come up unconscious before, no girl has ever come up before and no one has ever come up a day later than another Glader. I think something awful may have happened, that we may not be aware of yet." I remarked, unsure of how to feel.

"Let's just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows." Alby stated, reminding me of his presence in the room. I nodded slowly, as I couldn't think of any better ideas.

"Come on, let's leave 'em to it." Alby said, implying that he and I should leave. I nodded again and removed myself from the side of the bed. As I reached the door, I turned back slightly, getting one last look of her before trudging outside the door.

One last look of familiarity that I couldn't explain.

Y/N's POV:

My head was loud. Nothing was focusing, not my thoughts, not my vision or even my mind. I forced my eyes open slightly, desperately trying to get a good look of where I was. Everything around me was blurred, like I had just taken off a pair of strong prescription glasses.

I lifted my head slightly, wanting to get a better look at my surroundings. I sniffed, taking in all the smells, as I suddenly realised, I couldn't remember a single thing. What the fuck? Where are all my memories? Who am I? In shock, I sat up. I was on a bed, thin mattress with a cotton duvet. I started to take in everything around me. Two beds on my left side and a long wooden table at the back against a wall. Then all of a sudden, I heard voices dripping round the corner.

They were in ear shot, yet I couldn't make out what they were saying. I could distinguish at least three different voices. They were all male voices.

I started to panic as I looked around again. The only things on the lone table were some bandages and a knife.

A knife should suffice I thought as I scurried over to the table. My legs felt surprisingly stable as I figured they would give out more. I grabbed the knife in my hand, examining it with my fingers. Nothing too interesting stood out, long thing blade with a wooden handle.

I heard the voices get slightly louder as I figured they must have gotten closer to the door. I thought quickly on my feet as I hurried over to the wall next to the door, preparing myself to sneak attack anyone who entered.

I waited there for roughly a minute as I heard the voices slowly die down. I sighed to myself as I thought that no one was coming into the room as I heard footsteps outside. The door opened as I saw a blonde boy waddle in.

He looked about 6 ft, dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. He looked at the deserted bed that I once lied in a few minutes before as I saw his eyes widen in shock.

I decided to use this as a good chance to attack.

I tightened my grip on the knife as I came up behind him, knocking his foot slightly causing him to trip as I pinned him to the floor, aggressively holding the knife to his throat. "Who are you and why am I here?" I spat angrily, wanting to know everything he knew. I spoke in a British accent, leading me to believe I grew up in England.

He looked into my eyes in fear as he struggled to form a sentence. I don't remember anything about myself, but I've figured out that I'm bloody strong. He contained eye contact with me and he sputtered "Er – I don't know I swear! No one knows why they're here." He also spoke in a heavy English accent. I looked back at him confused, not really knowing how to respond. Just as I broke eye contact, multiple other guys swarmed in, noticing me with a knife to their friend's throat.

"Newt! Oh my god!" This one boy yelled, clearly scared and failing to hide it. Four of them rushed over to drag me off him but I barely budged. They finally succeeded after grabbing my arms and slamming me to the floor, holding me there so I couldn't get back up. "Get the fuck off of me!" I screamed as none of them let go. They kept me pinned to the ground as the boy I once held in my grasp was helped up by some others. He dusted himself down and locked his eyes with mine again, looking more concerned than anything else. They pried the knife from my hand and threw it to the side, away from my grasp. They held me there for a couple more seconds as one boy yelled over my struggles "Calm down! We don't want to hurt you!"

I eventually stopped trying to resist them and slowly they released me from their grip.

My breathing still just as heavy as theirs I propped my elbows up to look around the room at the other boys again. Just like before, my eyes locked with the blonde-haired boy who was already staring at me. I quickly figured out who the leader was as he was the first to speak. He knelt in front of me carefully trying to figure out what to say.

"What is your name?" He asked, still slightly out of breath.

"What is this place?" Avoiding his question by asking a question was how I decided I wanted to continue clearly. "You are in the glade." He said slowly, "This is where we live after arriving in the box, just like you did." He motioned to outside but due to where I was sitting, I couldn't see what he was talking about. I kept my mouth firmly shut, making it obvious I didn't want to say much during this conversation. The boy continued once he realised this, "My name's Alby, leader of the glade. Do you remember your name?" I looked at him confused. Why wouldn't I remember?

"Y/N." I said, quickly.

"Okay Y/N, can you tell us why you attacked our second in command Newt, here?" Alby looked directly into my eyes, clearly wanting a truthful answer.

I shrugged, unable to explain to them why I did what I did.

"What would you have done in my position?" I asked in an angry tone, already getting tired of their questions. He looked surprisingly content with my answer, as if he wasn't really expecting much of one anyway.

"Okay, Y/N I would like to make it very clear that our number one rule is to never harm another Glader, however under these particular circumstances I am going to let this one slide. Any more instances and you're going in the pit. Am I understood?" My eyes looked at his quickly, before diverting my eyes at the blonde boy who was still looking at me.

"What the hell Alby?! She just attacked one of our own and she gets no punishment?" A boy with short brown hair yelled. I shot a glare at him as he immediately dropped his head down. "Shut it Gally, don't remember you being in charge." Alby shot back, annoyed at his response.

He looked back at me again, "Am I understood?" He repeated.

"Yes." I said, trying to contain a sigh. "Good that. Now sun down is in a few hours and if you ask me that's enough time for a tour. Newt, you're up. You can use this as a way to make a better first impression." He said, smirking at me.

I sighed and looked away from them as they all got up to leave.

The only person who remained was the blonde boy.