6.2 runes

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Consider yourself lucky," I groaned as I packed my potions book, shoving it into my book bag. "I have to go to first period now."

"I have a free period," Harry sang playfully as he leaned against the common room wall, placing his hands in his pockets. 

"If you boast about your free period one more time, I'll shut you up."

"Mhm, and how will you do that?" Harry smirked as he bit his lip slightly.

"Not in the way you want," I playfully retorted as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Y/N!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Hermione walk into the common room. "We've got to go to Potions now."

"Okay, I'm coming!" I called out as I walked towards her.

Harry rushed up behind me and grabbed my wrist. I turned around to look at him, pointing at his lips.

"No goodbye kiss?"

I laughed before grabbing his collar, my lips colliding with his. I could feel him smile against my lips as he deepened the kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck as I heard Hermione clear her throat.

"Guys, I'm still here," Hermione groaned as I pulled away.

"Sorry Mione," I gave her an apologetic smile as I winked at Harry before leaving. He winked back playfully as we left the common room.

"Why do you two have to snog so aggressively all the time?" Hermione muttered as we walked through the crowded hallway.

"Wish that was you and Ron, huh?" I teased as we accidentally bumped into a couple of first years.

"Y/N!"

"Okay, I'm sorry," I snickered as we reached Professor Slughorn's classroom. Hermione opened the door as we walked inside together.

"Oh! Welcome, welcome." Professor Slughorn's voice rang out as we stood next to the large crowd of people, pulling out their textbooks.

I reached down to open my bag as a shrill voice spoke up loudly behind me.

"Why are you wearing that bag?!" 

I spun around to see Romilda Vane standing there angrily as her friends glared at me.

"I'm sorry?" I said slowly as I looked at Hermione with confusion. Hermione shrugged as I turned to look at Romilda.

"I asked why you were wearing Harry's bag!" Romilda huffed as she crossed her arms at me. "That's not your bag!"

"What?"

"I got that bag for Harry, not for you!"

"Oh, you got him this bag?" I nearly laughed at Romilda's expression as she narrowed her eyes at me. 

"Yeah, I did."

"Can I ask why?"

"Because he deserves someone who can buy him nice things." Romilda looked me up and down as she laughed mockingly. "You don't seem like you can."

I let out a hollow scoff as Slughorn interrupted me loudly. 

"Now, quiet down everyone, class is about to start," Slughorn called out as he clasped his hand together excitedly. "My name is Professor Slughorn and I will be teaching your N.E.W.T level potions class." 

Hermione pulled me away from Romilda as I glared at her. 

"Now, today we will be discussing a couple of concoctions that I have created this morning. Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all plans-"