Marshmallow-y ~ Natasha Romanoff

Most people are scared of her, and many avoid her as well as her piercing glare that makes everyone squirm. She's tough, and shows no emotion, always putting the job first and keeping a blank face. She's closed off, doesn't open up and no one knows much about her. But that isn't the Natasha Romanoff that you know.

"Why are you making me do this?" Natasha groaned as she pulled into a parking space in front of the beach. "You have never went to a team outing before. You've also never introduced me." You pointed out, gathering up the towels, blankets and snacks and placing them in a bag.

Natasha groaned again, "They aren't going to be expecting you to be...well...you." She commented. You placed your hands on her cheeks, cupping her face and pecked her lips. "It will be fine. Plus I'm a people-person." You assured her.

You swung the door open, getting out of the car with the bag and you watched as Natasha followed suit. You walked across the carpark to where the sand started and Natasha stopped, taking a deep breath. When she spotted the team, you grabbed Natasha's hand and walked with her towards them.

"Hey guys." She called, turning the attention to you both. Everyone's eyes went to you as they studied you, and you didn't blame them.

The pair of you were quite a funny site. Natasha's short, fiery red hair was curled and was wearing a skimpy, red bikini top with equally revealing black denim shorts. She stood tall, and confidently but something was different. She was smiling. Something the team didn't see her do very often.

You on the other hand were wearing a plain, black swimsuit underneath an baby pink, oversized t-shirt with grey shorts. None of which hugged your curves or showed your figure in any way. You had colourful charm bracelets and pink flip flops, as well as having your long, blonde hair in a loose plait that hung over the front of your left shoulder with a few strands shaping your face that had fallen out of it. You had a childish grin as you looked at the group in front if you. Everything about you just screamed innocent and cute.

"Hey Nat, who's this?" A a blonde man with broad shoulders asked her. He must be Steve Rodgers. "This is y/n. My girlfriend." She said proudly. Steve was the first to introduce himself, shaking your hand and offering you a drink which you declined politely.

A few people raised eyebrows when you told them you don't drink but after a couple if minutes, everyone had introduced themselves and you had started laying out your blanket.

"Baby?" You called, "Yes?" She said back, taking your hand in hers and squeezing it. "Wanna come swim with me?" You asked, adding an innocent pout at the end. Natasha raised an eyebrow but nodded, rolling her eyes. You jumped up excitedly with a small squeal and quickly took off your shirt and shorts.

Avengers pov:

Everyone watched as y/n trailed Natasha to the water excitedly, basically jumping. As soon as they were out if earshot, everyone huddled. "What do we think of her?" Wanda whispered, "She's very...what's the word...the opposite of Nat." Clint pointed out, most of them nodded. "Nat seems...happy." Steve said as he looked around to see the both of them.

Y/n and Natasha were waist deep in the water and splashing each other, laughing and squealing. "I can't imagine she gets much action from her." Tony sniggered, earning multiple slaps to the back of the head. "She's innocent, sure, but...I don't know...Natasha was smiling. Its hard to argue with the facts." Bruce added.

They watches as y/n ran across the beach past them to what looked like a rock. "Y/n, what are you doing?" Natasha called out, following her with a stroll, watching as she held her hands a foot off the ground and slowly shimmied towards the water. "I'm protecting the baby turtle." She called back, making the team laugh. "It's kinda cute how innocent she is." Wanda said quietly so neither of the two could hear. "She's only adding to the Natasha-gets-no-action point." Tony blurted out with a laugh. "It's called natural selection." Natasha called to the focused girl who was shouting 'shoo' and shaking her foot at a bird.

"And I'm naturally selecting to help this baby turtle." She called back, making everyone laugh at her innocence.

Soon both Natasha and y/n ran back to the group. Y/n grabbed two towels, handing one to Natasha and they dried themselves off before joining the group. "What are you guys talking about?" Natasha asked inquisitively. "Nothing." "You" Steve and Tony said at the same time, making both Natasha and y/n raise their eyebrows.

Nats pov:

"Weird but okay." I said and sat down in the circle but was surprised when y/n turned her back and walked over to the bag. She returned with two pb&j sandwiches and two small bottles of orange juice. It was our favourite snack.

I grinned when she handed me some and sat beside me on the blanket. "Thanks baby." I told her gratefully. She rested her head on my shoulder as she ate her sandwich and I rubbed her thigh with my free hand. When I looked up, everyone was staring. "What?" I asked defensively.

"You called her...baby." Tony said in a dramatised shock to which I rolled my eyes. "That is normal couple stuff." I responded. "Yea but..you're you. You're like all couple-y and love-y. It's weird." Stark added. Y/n giggled beside me.

"It's a shell. She's all soft and marshmallow-y on the inside, I promise." She told them, making me blush. "She just made the Black Widow blush. Romanoff, you're in love." Steve said to me with a smug look on his face.

"Yes I am." I said so they could all hear and looked down at y/n who was looking up at me. Her deep blue eyes capturing me into a trance. I leaned down and kissed her, placing a hand on her cheek as I did. She pulled back with a grin. "I love you too Tasha." She whispered to me.