80

Harry felt a little uncomfortable in the mornings. Breakfast was a quite affair with Sirius and Remus. Remus spent the meal with his newspaper. He ate the least of the three people at the table; just an egg and chocolate spread on toast. Sirius ate the most over a magazine or sketch book. Harry- for the first week living with Sirius and Remus- used this time to do his homework. He then moved on to books. Sirius's new house elf prepared porridge and fruit for Harry. Zana had a cat wash and some low fat milk as per her new vets' request. Of course Zana was not pleased about her new diet.

"Oh shit!" Remus cursed. "Ah, sorry Harry."

A shocked Harry looked up to the man. "It's fine. What happened?"

"Just news, a pack of hunters have returned to England from America."

"Don't worry Moony. You're here with us, so no one would bother you." Remus nodded to Sirius' words but looked doubtful.

"What are hunters?" Harry asked. Both men looked at him utterly amazed.

"Harry, are you serious?" Sirius smirked, shaking his head.

"What!" Both Sirius and Remus looked at the boy with doubt that he truly didn't know.

"Hunters, Umm." Sirius started, he took a breath and placed his fork down. "Hunters are sort of like Aurors, but for creatures. They kill dark creatures, deal with infestations and such. On very a simple note, anyway. I had a great cousin when I was younger. He was a member of the hunters. It's a deadly job. He died at twenty-seven, I think. It's the usual age for hunters to kick the bucket."

"They kill werewolves, Harry." Remus stated.

"But you're not a dark creature!" Harry insisted suddenly.

Remus gave a soft smile. "They don't care about that, Harry."

"Why are they in the paper?"

"A nest of Wendigo, near Canada." Remus skimmed over the article. "Infestation, it looks like; says it took almost three years. Horrible stuff, really. I know they do a good job but really not all Werewolves are bad." He then began to mutter under his breath.

That brought a coolness to the rest of the day. Remus felt the need to mope about with his chocolate and Sirius apparently had a delivery to pick up. It was raining so Harry abandoned Quidditch for the day. In fact, the teen was very board.

He spent most of the day working on the basilisk hide. He was making his vests. One for each his friends. It was not easy at all, that was why he chose such an easy piece of clothing. The one Harry had fit him a little loosely but he would likely grow into it. He expected most of the ones he made to be too big. Better than too small really.

"Master Harry." A house elf appeared in Harry's room. She then gasped. "Master Harry is not to be feeding his cat."

"Come on, Ninny. She was upset."

"The cat doctor said no. You should be listening to Cat doctor." House elves understood that doctors had authority over their masters and mistresses on some occasions. Vets were doctors for animals; as far as Ninny was aware.

Harry sighed. "Fine. I'm sorry, princess." Zana looked up, her eyes wide up to beg to Harry when he took the treat away. Harry was very weak when it came to his cat or his owl.

"Master Sirius wants to see you in the sitting room Master Harry."

"Thanks Ninny. I'll go down now." Harry went to put his things away.

"Ninny will do that. Master Sirius was very excited."

"Thanks, Ninny." Harry stood and headed to the door. "Come on, Zana." The cat looked to Harry making the decision. She did follow him down the stairs and into the sitting room.

"Hey, Harry." Sirius was waiting for him, near his feet was a large, shallow box.

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"A present, for you."

"My birthday isn't for weeks, though!"

Sirius smiled, he was still getting over the tiredness and the thinness, but there was true emotion coming back to his face. "I know, but I think you needed it years ago."

Harry was confused but opened the box when asked. Sirius helped him lift out the large shallow bowl. It was made of grey stone and was decorated with runes all around the outside.

"A pensive?"

"As much as your father and Moony would insist otherwise, I'm not as dumb as I look." Sirius looked up from the bowl, to the boy. "You have nightmares that stem from your memories. It will do you a lot of good to store them in here. I'm surprised that your mind healer didn't suggest it." Sirius turned the bowl so Harry was sat facing the front. "I would have lent you mine but from the sounds of it you need your own."

"Thank you." Harry had never really received such a necessary gift. "I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Thank you!"

"You need it." Sirius lifted the book from the centre of the bowl. "I can teach you to use it. Maybe curb some of those nightmares. You deserve a good night's sleep on your own."

Harry nodded.

"There is one thing Harry." Sirius sat down opposite the boy. "Before I ask you need to know I have always loved you like my own son."

"I know that, Padfoot."

"Harry, You saw- err experienced all this before."

"Sort of, a lot has changed."

"You knew I was innocent- Wasn't their anything you could have done…"

Harry shook his head slowly. "How many people would have listened to you when you were thirteen? Twelve? What about eleven? I am really lucky Remus listened to me, Padfoot. People my own age are different to adults."

Sirius sunk dejectedly but nodded agreeably. "Yeah, alright good, point." He then shook himself off and stood up. "Right let's take this somewhere I can teach you to use it."

"Thanks, Padfoot. It was really difficult sleeping next to that Damn rat for years. Just wanna forget you know."

Sirius smiled and nodded to his godson. "No problem pup."