Chapter 9

Before I knew it, it was time for my date. Taka and I had studied for about an hour until we decided to go our separate ways to get ready. I changed out of my usual uniform and changed into an oversized (f/c) sweatshirt and black ripped jeans. We decided to not dress too formally. I began putting on my makeup and doing my hair.

Taka's POV:

'I have no idea what to wear,' Taka thought to himself. He had never really got dressed into anything other than his uniform. He decided to call Mondo for his advice. Taka waited for Mondo to pick up his phone, and he answered surprisingly quickly. Before Taka could begin the conversation Mondo had already started.

"So I heard that you and (y/n) spent the night together last night! Good for you, bro!" Taka felt embarrassed. "It's not like that, bro!" Mondo laughed. "I know, (y/n) already told me." It sounded like he was with his biker gang because of the loud noise Taka could hear in the background.

"So what did you call me for?" Mondo asked. Taka waited a second before answering. "Well, I'm going on a date with (y/n)." Taka heard Mondo gasp on the other end. "No way, bro! Congrats!" Taka continued. "And I have no idea what I should wear and I don't even know how to act on dates! We both agreed on keeping it casual, but I only have my uniform and a T-shirt!"

Mondo laughed. "How do you live with only one thing to wear?! Just wear your uniform pants and the shirt. I've got to go now, but good luck!" Mondo hung up leaving Taka in silence. He sighed and got dressed.

Your POV:

I walked out of my dorm, planning to get to the courtyard a little early. I took out my phone and started walking outside and suddenly felt myself run into a boy with long, black hair. He caught me and I looked at his bright red eyes. They looked almost...unnatural.

"I--um--sorry, I wasn't paying attention." He nodded at me and stood me back up. "It is alright," he said walking away. 'He's kinda weird,' I thought as I walked outside. 'I've never seen him before either.' I pushed the thought from my head as I saw Taka already waiting for me outside. 'Why does he always have to be so early,' I thought, laughing to myself.

"Hello (y/n)! Are you ready to go?" He was not wearing his usual uniform, but he was still wearing his uniform pants. "Sure!" We started walking as he looked at me. "You look great!" We both blushed. "I'm just wearing a sweatshirt," I said laughing. "Thank you." I smiled to myself. I thought it was cute how the only outfit he probably had was his uniform. "You look great, too!" He looked shocked at the compliment. "I may have asked Mondo for help," he laughed embarrassed.

"I've actually never been on a date before if you can't already tell," he laughed again. "Me neither," I responded, secretly embarrassed. "Really?" he asked me, surprised. "I've never really wanted to date anyone until after high school," I said. "Well, that was until I met someone," I continued looking into his eyes. I grabbed his hand and we continued to walk to the movies.

After the movie finished, we headed back to our dorms. It was about 2:00 pm by the time we got back to the dorms. We spent the rest of the day relaxing in my dorm. Well, other than studying, which we spent about an hour on again.

Before I knew it, it was already dinner time. Taka turned to me. "(Y/n), I want to tell you something," he said blushing. I turned off the TV and we were surrounded by silence. "I had a lot of fun today," he told me. "I did too! We should definitely do this again sometime!"

"I actually also wanted to ask you something," he began blushing. "Sure, what is it, Taka?" He turned to me and grabbed my hand. "I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?" My stomach immediately flipped. Then I smiled. 'I love him so much,' I thought. 'Why am I acting like this if I know that.' I looked into his red eyes. "Yes, Taka. I would love to be your girlfriend."

I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. He hugged me back. I pulled back and looked into his eyes. "I love you so much, Taka." He smiled. "I love you, too. I have loved ever since the day I first met you." He then pulled me in and kissed me. I never wanted this moment to end, but after a minute we pulled away. "I'll go get us some food," I said smiling. He nodded, and I got up and left the room.

I entered the dining hall where I got both me and Taka bento boxes. I turned around about to head back when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see Leon. My heart dropped. "What do you want?" He looked me in the eyes. He seemed serious. "I wanted to apologize," he said looking away.

I stood there shocked. 'Did Sayaka convince him to leave me alone?' I wondered. He continued. "What I did was wrong. And I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to be treated like that. I think I was just jealous that you were so close with Taka." I was dumbfounded. 'I can't believe he is apologizing,' I thought.

"What you did was terrible. But I forgive you. But you better not do anything like that again." He looked up. "Ok then, I'll see you around." He turned and walked away. I pulled out my phone to text Sayaka. I wrote:

I don't know what you said to Leon, but thank you. He just apologized for everything.

I sent the text and a second later, Sayaka wrote back.

Anything for a friend!

I smiled and headed back to my dorm room. I entered the room. "I got us bento boxes! I hope that's okay!" Taka looked up and walked up to me. "Thank you so much, (y/n)! I was wondering, would you like to eat in my room tonight?"

I nodded. "Sure!" We walked out and headed to Taka's dorm. We entered and took off our shoes and sat on the couch. We finished eating and decided it was time to head to bed since it was already 9:00. I started to walk back to my dorm but Taka stopped me.

"You don't have to head back! You can stay here!" he said, blushing at what he had just said. I smiled. He had changed so much since I first had met him. "Okay! But I don't have any clothes to sleep in," I said laughing. "Oh! Here, take my jacket!" I grabbed it and put it on. "I never realized how well it fits me," I said laughing.

We lay down in bed and started to fall asleep. I shifted over to him and set my head on his chest. He ran his hands through my hair as we both fell asleep. Tonight was the beginning of my official relationship with Taka.