Chapter 14

Time had slowed. I just sat there, looking at the bones of the once-existed principal. None of this even phased me. I felt numb. "Now, come with me! We have no time to lose!" Junko said, walking out of the room. I followed, having no choice but to do that. The rest of class 78 had walked out of their rooms groggily because of the noise that Junko had made.

"What the fuck was all that noise?" Mondo asked. "Just the death of a principal and nothing more!" Junko said, making her voice louder. I was standing behind Junko and saw Taka. All I wanted to do was to run up to him but I couldn't move. I was stuck.

"The fuck that's supposed to mean?!" Mondo shouted. Junko laughed. "It means the principal is gone! Like, six feet underground!" Kyoko suddenly fell to the ground trying to prevent herself from crying. "(Y/n), why are you next to that bitch?" Mondo asked me. "I-I can't move," I croaked.

"What?! What did you do to her?!" Taka yelled at Junko. She started laughing again. "She's like my slave! But I might as well let her go since you won't remember anything soon enough!" she said, my ability to move coming back. My legs felt weak and I collapsed to the ground. Taka rushed up to me and helped me up. "Are you okay?" he whispered to me.

"I saw him die. I saw Mr. Kirigiri die," I said. Once I got my feeling back in my legs I ran up to Kyoko. "I'm so sorry, Kyoko. I tried to save him but I couldn't. I'm so sorry," I said, worrying she was going to despise me. "It's not your fault," she said standing back up. "The only culprit here is her," she continued, pointing at Junko. "I'm not the only one! I had Mukuro and the help of despair on my side!" Junko said. "Now, let's move on with this! Mukuro, bring me the computer," she commanded. "Yes, Junko," Mukuro replied. "And hurry up!" Junko added.

"We won't let you win!" I shouted charging at Junko. It was no use. A noise sounded through my head again. "You have no choice," Junko said, her voice suddenly harsher. I got up and glared at her. I grabbed Taka's hand and pulled him aside.

"She is going to erase our memories," I said, starting to tear up. "I won't remember you. And I am a despair now. Izuru infected my mind. I can't help." Taka grabbed me and hugged me. "We will be okay. Even if we do forget each other, I know I will always love you. I know you are strong enough. You can fight Junko," he told me. He pulled back and looked into my (e/c) eyes. He leaned in and kissed me.

"Ew! Stop with the emotion!" Junko shouted. I ignored her. I have to fight her. I have to try my best to fight the hypnosis. Taka was right, I can beat her. I will do this for Taka! We finally pulled away and I looked into his bright red eyes. He was crying. "We will beat her. I know we can. We just can't lose hope," I said quietly. He smiled solemnly and pulled me in for another hug. Mukuro returned a moment later.

"It took you long enough!" Junko said. "Alright! Now Mukuro, restrain them!" Junko ordered. Mondo and Sakura started to move to protect everyone but she held up her phone, which displayed a screen like I had seen when I was with Izuru. Everyone stopped moving except for me. I was suddenly forced to help Mukuro restrain the others.

"(Y/n)?" Taka looked at me. "Y-Your eyes! Th-They're--" I interrupted them. "I'm sorry, I'm trying to resist--but it hurts." I was starting to get a headache. My hand reached out to tie down Taka. "Mukuro, just let me be with them. Please don't make me do this," I said, struggling to speak. She looked at me and lifted up her phone. "If that's what you truly want," she said. I then collapsed to the ground next to Taka.

"I love you, Taka. I'm sorry. I'm trying to fight them," I told him. "I love you, too. And don't apologize, it's not your fault." Mukuro then approached him, apprehending him. I had no choice but to sit and watch. I then had an idea. 'I need to break myself out of my trance,' I thought. Mukuro approached me. I was ready to be apprehended, but she turned and walked back to Junko. Confused, I started to try and break free of this trance.

"Now, time for the moment you've all been waiting for! It won't hurt at all, but all of your memories of Hope's Peak Academy will be erased!" Junko exclaimed. "How could you do this?!" Sakura shouted angrily. "We won't give up hope!" Makoto exclaimed after.

"Your hope is no match for my despair!" Junko said. "Now let's begin!" She turned on the screen showing the hypnosis. "I will defeat her," I said to Taka. "I promise." My eyes were instantly locked on the screen. 'Move. Try to move,' I thought. I tried closing my eyes. It took almost all of my strength but I eventually did. I then tried to move my arms, which were locked in place. 'I need to look at Taka.' I quickly glanced over. He and all of my classmates were hypnotized. 'I'm the only one that can do this,' I told myself. I closed my eyes again and tried moving my leg. I got my leg to move!

I then felt a sharp pain course through my back. Mukuro had kicked me. With only one leg to stabilize me, I flew forward and landed on my stomach. My eyes then locked on the screen. Me and everyone in the class then collapsed. "No," I croaked, as I faded into unconsciousness.