Chapter 8

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

DANTE POV

The orange Mediterranean skies are tinted with pink as the afternoon melts against his skin. It's another terribly hot day spent indoors, attempting to stay cool in the shade. Dante supposes he could be wearing something more reasonable, a silk long sleeved top, with black pants to match the all black attire, is not the most breathable outfit he owns.

But a prince must always appear his best, heat be damned.

"I apologize for the interruption your majesty, but there's an important letter for you from King Styles."

The Alpha Prince lifts his head from the paperwork he had been scanning over, when his servant marches in. On any other occasion, he'd be furious at the behavior, but weeks have passed since the Styles had informed him they were leaving for Italy. They should have been here by now. Being informed of a critical letter from their King is thus, the only thing encompassing Dante's mind.

"Give it here and be gone," he snaps as he rips the letter from the Beta's hand. As soon as it's delivered the Beta disappears out of the room, and Dante has the envelope torn apart.

The letter is rather long. Fuck.

Dear Dante,

We have sent this letter out with our best men in hopes to deliver it upon your door, as soon as possible. Regretfully, we must notify you of some unfortunate news. As last promised, we had disembarked from England over two weeks ago, making way for Italy. A few days into our voyage, however, we had been ambushed by a pirate ship. It was The Black Dagger.

Many of our men lost their lives, I nearly lost mine. Unfortunately, Harry was not one of the ones to make it out. The pirates captured him and are holding him as a prisoner. We understand that we made an agreement for the mating of you both, but seeing as Harry no longer is with us, we are unable to uphold our side of the negotiations. Thus, resulting in our deepest sincerity in having to call the deal off.

We hope you can come to forgive us, and our son, for the fate that's been handed upon us.

-King Desmond Styles

Fury ravages the rivers of Dante's blood as he reads the words over, line by line. No, he screams internally, this cannot be! Throwing the letter on the floor, Dante rushes from his office with nothing but absolute rage controlling his actions.

Harry is his Omega, and he's going to see to it that he gets him back.

Barging unannounced into his father's meeting, Dante demands the room's attention. Everyone within is alarmed at the malicious red of hate taking over the previously glazed honey color of Dante's eyes, but no one dares to say as much. They sit in fear instead, waiting for what the Prince needs to address.

"I need a ship."

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

DUN DUN DUNNNN!!! lol! how do we all feel about this?!