Dalesio

Chapter 2

The school day went by as slow as it could. People continued to stare throughout the day and I pretended not to notice. 

Eventually it became the end of the day and I was finally walking back to my car. As I try my best to remember where it is that I parked, I see Dante standing by his car. Part of me wants to approach him, just to see what would happen. 

It's probably best that I don't...

He scared me, but he also intrigued me.

The worst combination.

I quickly look down at my feet when he turns around and looks directly at me. 

His eyes narrowed before he looks away.

I found my car shortly after that awkward encounter. I take a minute before actually starting the car, though. I just need quiet. 

I took a deep breath before putting the key in the ignition. Before I could turn it, there is a knock on the window. 

"Jesus!" I scream, "You can't do that!" I say to Anara and the other girls from the other side of the glass. 

"We're going to dinner? Wanna come with us?" Ivy asked giving me a bright smile.

"Yeah, I don't really know my way around the town yet, could I ride with you guys?" They laughed before looking at me "Duh girl, my car is your car, get in!" Just have fun. It'll be fine it's just dinner." 

I got out of my car and got into Anara's, which was only a couple cars away from my own. As soon as all of the doors were shut Anara sped off before I could even put my seatbelt on causing me to fall back into my seat, "Sorry!" She said laughing.

I laughed with her but honestly I'm terrified of her driving and I don't think I'll be back in her car.

She doesn't even stop at stop signs! She rolls through them! I don't know if she knows that she has breaks on her car. 

"Oh by the way we are meeting with Aiden and the boys." I wish she could have mentioned that sooner but it's fine. 

"Will Dante be there?" I question. I don't know how much longer I can handle this tension he's manage to build every time we look at each other. 

"He might, he's not really predictable enough to give a real answer." I nod looking at all the buildings we pass while on the way. It's pretty here.

"We're here!" We all got out of the car and went into the restaurant. The boys greeted us, including Dante, inviting us other to sit down at the table.

"Look! It's my bestie Camille." I laugh as Zach stands up and comes over to me throwing his arm around me. Dante stared—something I feel like he does a lot. People must get sick of him staring eventually. 

"So Camille where are you from?" Dillion asks leaning on the table. "A little bit of everywhere, but I was born in New York" I respond. 

He raises his eyebrows, "Big city." 

"It is." I smile.

Every time I look up he happens to be looking directly into my soul. It's like he's watching me, waiting for me to slip up about my life. 

Doesn't he know staring is rude?

Guess not.

I take my eyes away from his and look down his neck. He has a lot of quotes along his neck and down his arms. I don't get how all of these tattoos can genuinely be meaningful. 

It's not really my business.

He raised an eyebrow at me, questioning what it was that I was looking at. 

Me! 

I tilt my head confused, he only shakes his head dismissing his thoughts before getting up from the table and exiting the building.

What the hell was that? 

"Dante is a complicated person." Zach states, breaking the silence Dante made. 

It's weird that he stares like that. Some people find that to be rude.

After we finished eating we talked a bit more before getting in the cars and leaving. 

They dropped me off at my car in the school parking lot, "Thank you guys."

"Anytime we will see you tomorrow morning love." They all say their goodbyes and drive off. 

I walk over to my car.

I gasp in shock when I notice Dante leaning on my car. The audacity this man has!

"You scared me." I place my hand over my heart. Is it even beating?

He pushes himself off my car and I watch as his eyes ran over my face.

"Nice." His deep voice stated.

I'm scared. I never wanted to talk to him. 

"Thank you?" I say cautiously, It's hard to tell what's a compliment...

"You're new." No shit. I nod so he knows that I hear him. "You know who I am?" He asks and I nod again.

"And what I do." He steps closer to me with every word. "But you aren't scared of me."

I look down at my feet before looking back at him, "Who said I wasn't scared?"

There's a slight smirk across his face, "You're not. You're scared of what you think of me."

"And what is that?" I ask, feeling a little too brave. 

"You think I am the hottest male you've seen walking." I couldn't help but laugh—he's funny. "Done feeding your ego?" I ask. This man thinks he is God or something. 

His eyes look down at my lips and then my eyes, "Bold."

I shrug looking back down. "I've been told I have a smart mouth."

I notice a faint smirk on his face "See you, Camille."

I gave him a smile before getting in my car and driving home, the events of the night replaying through my mind.

Dante Dalesio.