Megumi Fushiguro . 🌸 "Tune of my Heart"

Hellooo~~ today I'm here with a request from @IGotTooManyHoes

I honestly loved the idea, one that involved singing, as I'm someone who enjoys singing to myself (even though it doesn't sound amazing!)

So here we go!
SFW - Fluff :)

————————

Y/N POV

Ugh, why does everyone insist on making me cook all the time! I thought to myself, a frown on my face as I set plates down on the empty table.

"You're cooking is amazing, Y/N!!" Yuuji would say, happiness crawling into my mind from the thought that a cook as good as him would actually complement me.

Okay, if they find it yummy then I guess I can see why...I thought again, confidence building in myself.

I hummed to myself, tapping my foot lightly against the wooden floor as I stirred a pot of meatballs.

Tapping the spoon against the pot lightly, I relaxed my legs as I swayed back and for to my own tunes.

"Lost in paradise, night and day are fading out~"

It was something I always considered embarrassing. I never sung around people, and whenever I recorded my own voice is sounded horrid when I replayed it back to myself. Nevertheless, I still liked the relaxation of allowing my vocal cords to belt out my feelings. I didn't know why, maybe it was just...just because.

"When times get rough, access to your love,"

Tap, tap, tap.

Silence.

My eyes widened, instantly fluttering up to the ceiling above me. Someone walking around? I think I'm safe. I thought nervously, letting out a sigh at the silence that followed my panic.

No, that wasn't it.

This was someone else's presence. My face burned red, embarrassment bubbling like boiling water in my core.

"Why did you stop?" I heard a voice call out cooly as I was contemplating the situation.

"huh- HUH?!" I gasped, my neck cranking to get a glimpse of the voice, nearly falling before the edge of the counter caught my body. My eyes cast over to the tall first-year boy's presence, his dark spiked hair reaching out around his scalp. "Fushiguro-kun?!" I huffed, sweat dripping down my forehead as I cornered myself against the cabinets.

He tilted his head like some sort of dog, the hand stuffed in his pockets remaining firmly in their place.

"Smells good, what're you making Y/N?" He said casually, stepping in front of the pot to glance in.

"I-it's a surprise..." I mumbled, still flustered that he had to listen to my terrible singing. He wasn't saying about it now though, probably because he knew I was flustered about it.

He stepped back, moving to glance at my nervousness. "Well, I guess I'll see you at dinner then."

I nodded nervously, not looking as I kept my wooden spoon against my chest.

He turned on his heel, making his way out of the kitchen.

MEGUMI POV

That sounded amazing, and she looked adorable too. He thought, giving once last glance back at her from the other room. She was carefree, already back to her pot in peace now that she realized she was on her own again.

SECOND PERSON POV

"We can help you pick up, Y/N!" Yuuji blurted after enjoying his meal.

"Oh no, it's okay. I've got it covered." You insisted, waving your hands at your fellow classmates in dismissal. Smiling and giving thanks, they headed out.

Grabbing some cups, you turned toward the sink and dropped the cups in. Turning around to get more dishes, you were caught off caught by Megumi already walking over with the rest of the appliances.

Oh god, out of everyone that could have stayed, it's the only one who heard my disgusting singing earlier! You panicked, flashing a nervous smile to the boy.

"Fushiguro-kun, you really don't have to..." You trailed, grabbing the plates from him shakily.

He raised an eyebrow, wondering why you weren't accepting the help. "Don't worry about it."

You were at the sink, washing dishes as Fushiguro passed her dishes.

Finishing with the job, you dried your hands, moving to make your way to the couch in the lobby. "Watching that new episode of the show you got into?" You heard Fushiguro's voice call from behind me.

"Oh, uh...yeah." You replied, considering how he must have caught you watching it and cared enough to remember.

Sitting down on the middle of the couch, Fushiguro took a spot next to me as you turned on the TV.

The Masked Singer, huh? he thought. Perhaps he would get to hear you again.

Every time that a new unknown singer would come on, Fushiguro would glance down at your heel which tapped to the rhythm, a warm smile with pursed lips on your face.

Slowly, he reached his hand over to yours, brushing against you lightly as you perked up in surprise of his touch. Turning red, your eyes widened at him as he examined you.

"You look like you enjoy the songs." He hesitated, glancing away and rubbing a hand on the back of his neck nervously. "You don't have to not sing them just because I'm here."

Hesitating, I slowly turned back to the screen, worry prickling inside of me. Well now you felt obligated to sing out long.

Taking a breath as the next person came on, your eyes widened as you threw your fists up in the air. "Oh yeah, I love this one!"

Fushiguro smiled, closing his eyes and leaning back against the sofa as he listened to you start to follow out-loud to the words of the song.

"Oh oh, Oh oh, Be my baby; I'll look after you~" You quietly sang, the passion of one of your all time favorite songs taking over you as you forget Fushiguro was with you.

The song finished, and you smiled as you felt a weight drop against your shoulder. Turning in confusion, you noticed Fushiguro leaning against your side, fast asleep with a slight pink tinted across his face. He was breathing slowly and calmly.

A warm smile tugged at the corner of your lips, a wave of warmth crashing over yourself as you felt his touch against you.

He fell asleep...

Reaching around his neck, you wrapped your hand into his soft hair, gently scratching. Should I wake him up?

He mumbled in his sleep, shifting closer against you as your hand gently massaged his scalp.

For a moment you felt hot and bothered, nervous of the situation. But as you felt the feeling in your right arm slowly disappear, you realized there was no other place you'd rather be.