Chapter 23

Victorias Pov:

All the eyes are on us when I open the door and we walk back in. We both take off our shoes and jackets before walking back to the others and sitting down at the dinner table.

"You okay?" Jada asks and I just give her a small nod as answer.

"Where's mom?" I ask as I start eating again.

"She's talking to dad." She answers and I sigh.

I then feel Avery place her hand on my thigh, which makes me look at her with a smile. She softly smiles back at me and I place my hand on hers, intertwining our fingers.

After a few minutes mom came back and sat down on her seat again. "I tried to talk to him but he wants to be alone." She explains and I nod with a sad sigh.

"Um..Connor asked if he could come over after dinner." I mumble.

"Oh yeah, of course." Mom replies and I smile before quickly texting him.

"Are we just not going to talk about what happened?" Grandpa asks and I stop eating and place the fork down.

"Well what do you want to say?" I ask while raising an eyebrow.

"How wrong it is that I'm in love with a girl? How disgusting it is? No thanks, I can live without that." I continue and he sighs.

"Aww, you're in love" I hear Jada exclaim, making me blush.

"Shut up!" I squeal embarrassed and she and Avery laugh.

"Victoria-"

"George, let it be. Our granddaughter is in love! For the first time in her life! It doesn't matter if it's with a boy or a girl. We all should be happy for her. Who are we to judge? It's her life, not ours." Grandma interrupts Grandpa, which makes me smile widely.

"Also look at her. Look how happy she is with her!" She adds and I instantly bury my face in Averys shoulder to hide my red face.

"Aww, is someone embarrassed?" I hear mom say, making me groan.

"Stooop!" I whine while leaning back into my seat and covering my face with my hands.

They then start laughing at me, which just makes me blush more. Ahh I hate that I'm such a blushing mess when it comes to Avery!

I then suddenly feel two hands on mine, which are pulling my hands away from my face.

"Since when are you such a big blusher?" Avery asks teasingly and I just scoff in response.

"You wish." I answer, making her chuckle.

She puts our hands on my lap and squeezes them softly. I then lean over to her and gently place my lips on hers. Avery holds onto my hands tighter and starts to kiss me back. Our kiss only lasts about one second before I pull away, my face only being a few inches away from hers.

"Y-You just.." she mutters and I chuckle while nodding.

Avery then starts smiling widly before cupping my cheeks and pecking my lips.

"Okay you two are really cute but your food gets cold and it took me long to make it." I hear mom say, which makes us pull away.

"Okay, okay!" I chuckle before facing back to the table.

"Can I get food too?" I hear Benji say, so I quickly look at him.

"Yeah, sure. C'mere big guy." I tell him and he smiles before running over to me.

"Not tired anymore, huh?" I ask with a chuckle and he shakes his head.

I then pick him up and sit him on my lap. Avery takes a plate and puts some food on it before placing it in front of Benji, on the table.

"There you go, buddy." She says while patting his head and he smiles at her.

"Why are you already awake, honey?" Jada asks and Benji leans back into me.

"I couldn't sleep anymore." He mumbles before yawning a little.

"Why's everyone so quiet now? You all talked loudly just a few minutes ago." He says and everyone avoids to look at me and Avery.

"Um..they now know about me and Avery." I tell him and his eyes widen as he looks up to me.

"Are they okay with it?" Benji asks and I sigh deeply.

"Some of them are, I guess. But I don't think they're really excited. And dad, well..I don't think he likes it at all." I answer and he looks down sadly.

"Why? I mean..you two love each other, right? Isn't that what parents care about the most? That their child is loved?" He says as he looks back up to me.

How is he so wise at his age?

I glance over to Avery and she smiles at me sadly. "Sometimes that isn't enough, I guess." I reply with a shrug.

"M-Maybe I should just go..." Avery suddenly mutters, making me look at her immediately.

"I don't want to bother your family more. I can just stay with Connor." She adds so I quickly grab her hand.

"You're not bothering, babe." I tell her and she looks down at our hands.

"Yes she is." I hear dad suddenly say, which makes me look up to him quickly.

"And I want her out of my house." He continues and I clench my jaw.

I was about to say something when Avery stands up. "It's okay, Vic." She says softly before walking upstairs.

I lift Benji up and sit him down on Averys seat before getting up.

"Dad, are you serious?!" I ask furiously.

"I don't want someone who's gay in my house. Can't you see I'm doing this all to protect you? You're just confused." He says, which makes me scoff.

"I'm not confused, I know what I want. And that's Avery." I respond and his eyes widen slightly.

"And if you don't want to have someone who's gay in the house then I guess I should leave too." I tell him before rushing upstairs to Avery.