🌙30| Pain

Tearing up, I shook her to wake her up, but she didn't respond to my calls  Holding the wounded part, I cried uncontrollably, shaking my head. "Tricia!" As he lowered his head, his hands dropped by him. Taking a step forward, I saw blood dripping onnthr floor. When I traced the direction of the blood, I saw a stained knife in someone's hand. But as I looked up to the owner, I eyes wavered.

After dropping her head on the floor, I struggled to get back on my feet and march to him angrily. Grabbing him by his collar, I screamed, closing my eyes as tears run down my face.

"Why did you kill her! Why!" I complained pouncing on him.  With my hands firmly on his throat, I looked up after opening my eyes to look into his. His intense melancholy glare in mine made my eyes shiver tearing up. I could tell everything by looking into them. But at this moment, I didn't want to believe the truth in his eyes.

  Lowering his eyes, the knife slipped from his hands, clamping over the tarred road. Unable to hold myself back, I hit Jim with my hands repeatedly, resting my head in his chest. "Why did you kill her?! Why did she have to die too?!"

  Folding his arms over my body, he hugged me, patting me supportively. He used his left hand to prevent staining my back with her blood. Looking at his blood stained hands, he closed his eyes for a minute, feeling restless to have taken another life. Did he have to go back to his previous life?

  Hugging me, he apologized, "I'm sorry. She would've killed you if I didn't do it. Her desire for blood would've affected the society. She's uncontrollable." I cried shaking my head. I didn't want to believe that Tricia was dead too. This time, it was because of me again. I lost another person to him.

Looking back at the dead bodies lying on the floor, I realized she was the one that fed on them. He was right, but she didn't have to die like that. It's all my fault!

In tears, I clenched my fists angrily taking a few steps back. "I'll kill that Ian. Where is he?! Come out!" I moved around aimlessly looking around for him. After being pulled back to my previous spot, I looked up into his eyes in despair.

"He's not here. I'm sure he just made you come here to see what he did to her," Adrian said. Frustrated, I run my hands in my hair kneeling in front of her. While holding her up, I bent down over her body, crying. "She had nothing to do with this. I did this to her, and he's going to target more people if I don't surrender the spell books!"

Adrian sighed and held my shoulder supportively. "The lives of the whole city is in your hands. He'll get the upper hand. By then, everyone will be doomed." He was right. I couldn't be selfish, but it was so horrible watching people I care about die right in front of me

How many sacrifices did I have to make? Turning to her in tears, I heard ambulance and police patrols' sirens getting closer. "We have to go. The police will get here soon." I sobbing as the police patrols and the ambulance eventually got closer.

Max held my hand quietly, picked his knife from the floor and pulled me along, running to the dark alley to avoid the police. "We need to leave!" I felt sick to my stomach. I turned to him jerking my hand off.

"No. I cannot leave her. She needs me." He rubbed his hand through his hair grabbing my hand. "They'll blame us for this. She's already dead. They won't believe that she turned to a vampire so we had to kill her. Please listen to me."

I sulked, wiping my tears with a nod. I let him hold my hand as we ran away from the police custody. I watched behind me while running as they pulled a stretcher to pick her up.

Standing in the dark, I saw stretchers pulled along the snowy floor towards the dead bodies. "Get more! We need assistance!" As they dragged the bodies on to the stretcher, the policemen stepped out of their patrols, looking around keenly. An off limit poster was used to surround the murder scene.