Chapter 34 - Finally wed

(Time skip, because I really want to do this!)

It was time.

Finally.

Your dress sleeves fell of your shoulder, a long organza train attached to a small gold Norse brooch to hold it together over your shoulders. The silk dress was that of a traditional Asgardian wedding dress with hints of carny which Anna and Clint were persistent on. Traditional circus art styled designs were sewn in gold along the bodice mixed with embroidered Asgardian flowers mixed in.

(Change any of this if you want)

Upon your head lay a small crystal tiara from Frigga's own wedding, an emerald droplet laying on your forehead, the other gems creating small flowers along the top. The bouquet in your hands mimicked the same floral arrangement on your head bringing a sense of harmony to the look.

Right down the aisle, Loki was stood in gold and white, a large contrast to both his raven hair and his usual dark clothing. Frigga was to officiate the wedding and Oleg walked you down the aisle with a proud smile.

Up front, Thor stood as Loki's best man and Anna as your maid of honour. Both looking happier than ever as they watched you walk down towards Loki who's mouth dropped slightly, brain disbelieving what his eyes saw. His face fell into a calm stare, watching you walk closer until Oleg passed you over.

"Hurt her, I stuff you with many onions," he warns quietly before sitting next to Miss Xu.

All you could do was look to Loki with bright eyes, each word Frigga spoke almost a mumble and the rehearsed words slipping out perfectly without a second thought.

"By this very word, I officiate you both now a married pair, Midgardly wed until the end of your new days,"

Loki cupped your cheek and quickly kissed you, your hand holding his face sweetly, only to pull back when there was a blinding light which took over Loki, gold and green rising in his chest before dispersing out his body.

He took a deep breath and coughed rapidly as everyone stood up, ready to help. You knelt beside him, "Loki?? What's wrong??"

He held up a hand and laughed. "I'm fine... that was much more sudden than I thought,"

"Sudden? What was so sudden?" Thor helped Loki up and felt the lack of magic. "Brother?"

"The downside of taking away Loki's long life span was removing his magic as well," Frigga sniffles. "I did find that a bit does linger but hardly any,"

"Life span?? What the hell did you do?!" You gasp, clutching his face.

"I won't bear to watch you grow old without me, love, giving everything up is worth it," his smile was calm now that he was used to the lack of magic. "Is this what it feels like to be you all? Must be boring," Loki smirks to the team who roll their eyes.

"He wished not to ask for you to expand your life span... sadly more research I had done, there would've been no way to do such a thing," Frigga closed her spell book and settled it on the podium.

"You're an idiot," you hugged Loki tight, "my stupid fucking idiot husband," you sniffle into his shoulder. "Is there any way to reverse it?"

"No," Loki lowers his gaze. "But that doesn't matter, all that matters is that we now can spend the rest of our lives together," he kissed you again as Thor broke down in tears.

"Why must you two be so cute?!" he weeps.

~~~

Small house upon the sunny hill. The perfect life for you both. It was old and a bit rundown in the beginning and Loki's lack of magic was no helpl. Not that it mattered because you were able to add the emotion and love you both held into every added addition/restoration.

What magic lingered was merely for him to switch between genders, one he was thankful for, and you greatly ecstatic about.

From the small saucepan, steam rose up as you cooked a small bowl of oatmeal. Loki hurried down the stairs and checked the time.

Oddly enough, he took over Stark Industries once Tony settled down and retired with Pepper and his daughter Morgan. Tony saw potential and Loki lived up to it and more; maybe not as good as the throne on Asgard but it was enough for him.

Despite so much income you both were content with the house, a small renovation expanding it a bit but other than that it was still perfect. You stayed at home while he went to work and you couldn't be more happy with it. Of course you did sometimes do the daily lunch delivery to his office or helping out with the team when they needed it.

"I'll be off, love," he kissed your cheek, "behave, princess," he playfully points a threatening finger to Tulip, your daughter.

No, not biological. You and Loki tried for a while but it became evident it wasn't possible so you started to think about adopting. The moment you walked into the orphanage Loki spotted the small girl reading under the tree of the dying playground.

"You too," Loki ruffled Tristen's hair; Tristen was 2 years younger than Tulip, who was 11, adopted on the same day when you saw him on the monkey bars swinging across like an acrobat. Only two years ago you had brought them home and they easily opened up with bright smiles.

Perfect children, perfect husband, perfect house, perfect family, perfect life.

You couldn't wish for anything more. You couldn't think of anything to make this better and you were content with that.

For once in your life you weren't walking on a tightrope—one wrong move and you'd tumble into a pit of darkness—because for once in your life, there would be people to catch you and help you back up.

~~~

AHHHHHH IM SORRY BUT THAT LAST PARAGRAPH WAS A PERFECT TIE INTO THE TITLE AND I AM PROUD OF MYSELF FOR THAT-

Anyways... THE END!

- Anna ❤️