𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1700

60k reads. I'm running out of inspiration, but honestly thank you all so much. This book couldn't have gotten this far without any of you reading this, and I sincerely appreciate it.

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

Much to their dismay, a long line up greeted them before they even entered the shop. Citizens were neatly lined up outside the building, most waiting impatiently. 

"What the fuck is this line?!" Tommy spat, now slowing down. "I've never seen so many people waiting to get in the bakery before."

"I'm assuming they were all hungry after the meeting." Y/n guessed, her excitement wearing off.

What the child said was true, the place had never been this packed. The longest line-up they've encountered was when five or ten people were also waiting outside. Now it looked to be around 30-40 people waiting. Most were kids, and they seemed entertained enough. The adults seemed bored out of their minds, and some even brought books to read. 

Once a young boy spotted them, he excitedly waved to them and gestured for them to come over. 

Smiling, Y/n recognized him as Dart and happily walked over to him while her friends were trailing behind.

"Hey Y/n! Congrats on winning everyone over! Come, you all can go in front of me." The boy grinned, backing up so there was enough space for the three of them. He bumped into a middle-aged woman, who was looking at them, her expression outraged. 

"Back of the line, you three. This crowd hasn't been waiting here for a whole 15 minutes just to have to wait 10 more! Move, or I'll call Fundy or Niki!" The woman snarled, pointing to the back of the line.

"S-sorry Miss, but I've reserved spots for them." Dart apologized quietly, too intimidated to meet the woman's eyes.

"I don't give a hoot! You're only a child, and so are you!" She spat, pointing to the boy and Tommy. Once she spotted Ghostbur, she nearly jumped. "Goodness gracious! You're that ghost aren't you?"

"Yes, I am." The brunet nodded slowly, unsure of what to do.

"THAT'S RIGHT, WE'RE THE ONES WHO WERE WRONGLY ACCUSED OF STEALING! SHOW SOME RESPECT, WOMAN." Tommy demanded, bringing all the attention to them.

"Er- sorry about him." Y/n apologized, patting Tommy's shoulder. She had to keep her calm in these sort of situations. "But Dart here doesn't need your permission to do-"

"Next!" A happy voice called, as the door opened and an old couple exited the building. They were holding a fresh bag of pastries, and they were as bright as ever. 

Dart happily skipped into the bakery, the trio following as the woman looked ready to burst. Fortunately, before she could say a word the door was slammed at her face. 

"Oh! Y/n, Ghostbur and Tommy! Hello!" Niki greeted, as the ghost looked around astonishly.

The place sure was packed. It looked as welcoming as ever, and pretty much all the tables were taken. Some sat alone, and the others with friends and families. There was a small line where the pick-up station was, and there was soft music playing in the background. 

"Hi Niki! Shouldn't you be baking?" Y/n asked, raising an eyebrow. If she was the one greeting the guests and baking, then the day would certainly be slow.