TWENTY NINE

A surprise element is often wrapped in a package, then it's preserved with utmost protection and at last is presented to a starving soul- whose only aim is to tear open and devour the content with their eyes

A surprise element is often wrapped in a package, then it's preserved with utmost protection and at last is presented to a starving soul- whose only aim is to tear open and devour the content with their eyes. Then it comes to the acceptance speech in which you must behave as if the surprise was indeed the entity that took your breath away with the amount of unquenchable happiness you felt towards it or simply remain a clueless bitch you are.

So when Yu Ji-Hyun, the soon to be wed sister of U knocked at my apartment the morning with fresh flowers and personalized invite to her wedding, i basically wasn't able to give her anything else than a big fat smile and a high pitched ' I am so happy for you' with ' I've heard so much about you from U ' with the acidic prick in my heart. The nuisance of remembering him when he wasn't even replying to my texts with an alphabet further than some robotic response was pathetic

Where are you?

At work

Are you ignoring me?

Not at all.

Can we meet and talk?

I am busy today.

Just like how you are in a meeting since past four days?

Yes.

Monotone, his words were drenched with the ground basis of distancing me from his ongoing PMS, he refused to show me his face. A man who picked his phone up with his soap lathered hands when in shower saw it incompetent to reveal himself with his un kept hair.

What was he? A celebrity whose ill styled hair-do might take the fashion world by storm?

"Is my brother treating you right Althea?" Ji-Hyun who has established herself to be of my aid helped me keep my anger and hurt in check.

"He is" I whisper lowly. She has been here for five minutes and by the time had stapled the awkwardness away by blowing out the facts that- though we have met before, she still was a stranger to me as I was for her. So our quick rise of a conversation happened when the foundation of U floored in.

"I am a psychologist" my shoulder fell, I kept spinning the ring on my index. Of course she saw the sign, U had mentioned how nosey she was, but she was the perfect amount of nosey when- "I know something has been going on. He refused to come along with me here. I don't want you to share this with me- but if there's something I could do- I will"

Anticipating her take upon the stress, I almost had it spill out when Oliver in his shirtless venture came out- he did a double take when he saw we had a guest-

"who is this fairy?" he looks at me then at a coldly smiling Ji-hyun who reminded me of U. At such light an angle- alike were they.

"I am Yu-Ji-Hyun. Ji-Hyuks sister" but it didn't end there, with a tilt she pressed her lips in nonchalance "And you must be the infamous Oliver who is just around everywhere"