20

I think there had been an hour of soulmates panicking about my reaction to their leaving.They stuck to me like glue and the apologies came without pause. My body and mind had gone back to its abnormal normality once they had stepped into the room and I'd almost forgotten the pain of their absence the second my eyes rested on their frames in the doorway. They wouldn't believe my promises to be fine, wouldn't listen when I told them not to worry. At some point I gave up trying to brush off the event as nothing and just let them do whatever they felt they needed to do to make sure they knew I was alright.

"Jin was freaking out" Jungkook muttered, his face scrunched up into the pillow next to me.

"He could feel your pain and panic, but he couldn't reach you. None of us could. He was screaming at us to get home as soon as humanly possible the entire way home without rest, it was quite terrifying." He continued.

I swirled my head around to look at them all in confusion.

"I'm sorry I worried you, but what do you mean you couldn't reach me? I was talking to Yoongi the entire time!" I said the last part a little louder than intended in my surprise of Jungkook's statement of not reaching me.

All three men sighed in unison and their eyes met each others in understanding, leaving me alone in my confusion.

"I forgot he could do that." Hoseok whispers

"He never does that anymore" Taehyung adds

"He shut us out?" Jungkook asks looking between the two men.

"Can one of you please tell me what you're talking about?" I didn't like not being in the know about something that obviously had a relation to me.

"I don't really know how to explain it" Hoseok spoke up and took my hands in his. His facial expression made it apparent he was really thinking hard about something.

"Yoongi's thing is dreams, he can visit your dreams, alter them, or just be a viewer. I'm sure he can explain the whole thing in more detail himself once he's here. But to sum it up there's a weird side-part to his skill, and when he uses it you end up in kind of a half-asleep half awake state. And because you're half asleep we can't reach you, only he can."

"It's very calming once you're there, almost like an overwhelming hug and the warm melody of his voice surrounding you like a blanket. But he hasn't used it in years, we don't really know why. Suddenly he got mad when we spoke of it, and told us to not bring it up again. Jin sensed how serious he was about the matter so we did as he said and never spoke of it again"

I hummed in response. Lost in my own thoughts about Yoongi. Like an angel he had appeared just when I needed him, said just what was necessary for me to calm down and then stayed with me to ensure I wouldn't revert back to my previous state of panic. I couldn't understand why any of that would be something he wanted to keep away from anyone. Nonetheless I am happy he stepped in and helped me, his words still resonated in the back of my mind, reminding me even now.

"There's no us without you"

Hoseok squeezed my hands in his, making me look up at him. His eyes were brimming with tears and an emotional but happy smile was resting on his beautiful face. "I'm okay" I told him, knowing he was in my head.

He nodded, closing his eyes. "I believe you"

We had breakfast together in the kitchen. Hoseok and Jungkook turned out to be a surprising chefs' duo and the food was so good I ate more than I usually did, leaving me feeling like a stuffed turkey by the end of the meal. Jungkook wouldn't let go of my hand the entire time we were eating, still in doubt that I was actually okay, and when Taehyung offered to do the dishes he practically dragged me out of the kitchen and down the hallway.