Chapter 30

The two boys had been sitting in the cafe, eating and talking for the past hour, occasionally giving each other small kisses between sentences.

"Should we get going then?" Clay said as George stacked their dishes. "Sure!" George said innocently. Clay stood up and held his hand out for George to take.

George chuckled and took the tallers hand. "You're so cheesy," George said and bumped Clay in the side, bringing a smile to the blondes face, the blonde bumping him back.

"We have arrived at your destination." Clay announced, kissing the brunette on the cheek. "Thank you, baby," George said, bringing Clay's lips onto his own.

"Bye!" Clay said as George got out of the car and walked up to Karl's front door, both of them waving to each other until Karl opened his door and let George in.

George walked into Karl's house and put his book bag on the floor. "So, what are you thinking," George asked. "Thinking for what?" Karl asked cluelessly. "Thinking for your outfit for the date, Karl!" George said and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, yeah!" Karl said and stood up from where they sat on his bed, "I was thinking about wearing a skirt, maybe?" Karl said, unsure.

George smiled and nodded. "Okay, pop off," George said and clapped, "Do you own one? Or do you need to borrow?"

Karl walked to his closet and opened it. "Okay. When we went to the mall the other day I decided to buy myself a skirt!" Karl said and pulled out a mild purple and blue-ish green, checkered skirt.

"Do you have a top to go with it?" George asked and leaned his back further against the wall behind him.

Karl nodded and took out a cropped purple hoodie with a similar blue-ish green swirl in the middle, one of the sleeves were yellow and purple, the other blue and orange. Then he threw a pair of white socks that reached to his mid shin with small daisies on them.

"Hurry up! Go and take a shower!" George said and shoved Karl out of the room, "Don't take too long!" Karl nodded and walked into the bathroom, George could immediately hear the water running.

George smiled and took up his phone, spotting a few notifications as he turned it on, one that stood out to him. George smiled and rolled his eyes, tapping the notification, his phone bringing him to Clay's contact

———-

Clay
Miss u :,(
17:34

Then stop it
I literally walked out of your car
less than 20 minutes ago
17:35

Clay
So?
I still miss you
17:35

Aren't you helping Nick?
17:36

Clay
Yes I am
He's taking a shower ig
17:36

Karl as well
17:36

Clay
Nice
17:37

———

George heard the water stop running in the room next to him and shut off his phone. Karl walked in with a towel draped around his waist and walked up to his closet.

"I didn't bring any clothes with me to the bathroom," Karl explained simply and George nodded. The two had been friends for such a long time they had grown comfortable to be half naked around each other.

"That looks awesome on you!" George exclaimed. Karl had put on his outfit and done his hair, which was really just blow drying it and ruffling it a bit. George had also begged to do his eyeliner for him, so to George that was a crucial part of it.

As if it was a sign a faint ping could be heard from Karl's phone, notifying him that Nick was outside his house. George clapped excitedly, grabbed his things and followed Karl to the front door.

"Nervous?" George asked as he and Karl were putting their shoes on. "No, not really. We've been dating for almost a year now so, probably not." Karl said. They walked out of the house and spotted Nick sitting in his car in Karl's driveway.

Karl waved at him and Nick waved back, then said his goodbyes to George and sat in the passenger seat of the car.

George smiled and took his airpods out of his backpack and put them in each ear. He opened his phone and opened spotify, clicking the first song that came to his mind. In this shirt by the irrepressibles. (Might play with for the aesthetic)

The wind brushed through his hair, ruffling it slightly and tickling his exposed skin. George watched the leaves occasionally fall from the branches of nearby trees, and a few minutes into his walk it started raining.

The song came to an end and the next started playing immediately, like if the music would stop, the world would too. The brunette decided against heading straight home and started walking in a direction he'd never been to.

He hummed along with the song and smiled and smiled to himself, taking in the beauty of his surroundings.

'Got the music in you, baby, tell me why,'

The brunette sat down on a bench facing a big river. He had never seen this place before, but the view was incomparable to anything he had ever seen and made a mental note to show a certain blonde this spot.

________________________________
Word count: 875

Just thinking, in foreign countries, do you take swimming class? 'Cause I finished it yesterday so I have a free period for an hour every Thursday now :) pretty happy with that. Also the second song in this chapter is apocalypse by cigarettes after sex. Also as the world caves in is such song, listening to it atm. Have to go to practice soon ugh, never mind it's fun, sometimes ig