Chapter 38: That feeling

A new day, fresh air, a morning hike, feeling good even though there's people who wants to steal secret artefacts and probably kill everyone.

People might say I'm negative but with my mindset right now I feel like I'm pretty positive for the situation I'm in right now.

I'm in the nearby forest that really isn't a forest but a hunting ground for Nobles training and everything. I've Left Leslie with Susan while Felix and Edgar are going to talk about something private.

I'm walking up the hill with just a shirt, pants and boots. It's nice, back in nature.

There aren't any predators here so I haven't really killed any for exercise so I just decided to hike.

Until my mood is broken from meeting someone. My Bro- Ex-brother, if that's a thing

"Greetings Duke Francaize."

"Greetings Miss Sarah."

I have this strong urge to punch him in the guts. Really.

"Are you out for exercise too?"

Why else do you think I'm out here. To have tea? But these are just my inner thoughts

"Yes, morning hunts are always nice." He looks out in the distance and has a face that makes it seem like he's somewhere else. Like he's here but spiritually he's somewhere else.

"Do you mind if I join you on your hike?" He asks with a smile. I guess out of the guys Alex seems like the one that didn't change that much.

I do mind. I really do. I hate you.

"Not at all." I bowed. but it's not like I can reject 'Nobles'

He give me a small smile. Probably realising that I have given him the same face through out the whole conversation.

We start walking west to see if we can catch any animals there.

"It seems today is a very quiet day in the hunting ground." Alex says next to me

I nod. "It seems so"

"You know, for a foreign citizen, you sure know your way around the place."

Oh shit!

"What do you mean?" I asked hoping I can wing around it.

"Well, let's just say, you're able to avoid poisonous trees grass and everything that causes harm to humans, you're also able to avoid things that aren't visible to the eye...such as....poisonous gas that was right infant of us before but you stopped and turned."

SHIT!!!! This instinct of mine.

"I've been training for awhile so it's not hard for me to sense these things."

It's kinda bullshit but I hope he buys it.

"Is that so." He nods as we head forwards.

This walk is gonna be a long one and I don't think any animals are gonna come here.

"You know, there is a sense of familiarity when I'm with you." He suddenly says while using his sword to clear the path.

"What do you mean?"

Don't tell me he fingered ut who I am

"How do I put it. I feel comfortable with you even though you have a mask on, and have this iron wall up. I don't usually feel comfortable with anyone these days, the only people were his majesty, Duke Kalikas, and Sir Lance, but now we've drifted apart. There was My mother and father but they...passed. And......there was My sister."