Chapter 4 - Befriend Bill Cipher

Previously: I need to see Mabel. Dipper reflected. He needed a plan. One that may take some time. But it would be all worth it for Mabel. The young brunet slept at the thought of, maybe, finally getting to see his sister again.

(3rd Person POV) With Dipper, 16 Days Since Weirdmageddon Went Global

Dipper woke with a pain in his back. He hated sleeping on the floor but, he didn't want to touch his "bed." He slowly got up and looked around. No Bill. Good, he thought. Dipper started his new routine. Take a shower, get ready, make breakfast, brush teeth, read, work on the corkboard, and write in his journal. Frequently, his routine would be broken by a hench-maniac or Bill. It didn't matter what they did to Dipper as long as it wasn't his family and friends that were being hurt.

While Bill was hurting Dipper, he tried his best to talk to Bill. He wanted to be on his good side if he had one. Dipper would ask him questions about the universe but, Bill would sit there silently.

Bill entered, bored out of his mind. "Already?" Dipper seemed surprised. Bill never came by himself. "I'm bored," Bill told him like it answered his question. "Plus, you're my pet." Bill seemed to be smirking. Dipper grimaced at the word. He knew it all too well. "Right," Dipper thought about his family and the town. All of this is for them. "Go ahead." Dipper looked straight into Bill's eye. He wanted to seem brave, yet his voice didn't allow him to be.

"Oh, Pinetree~. It could stop, you know?" Bill laughed; he had heard the slight pain in his voice. He laughed again, loving his pained eyes. Dipper weakly sighed. "What are we doing today?" Dipper looked down to the hard floor he was resting on. It's for them. He continuously thought.

Afterward:

Bill dusted off his hands. Dipper was sitting down on the floor with blood-stained tears. Bill snapped his fingers and, all his wounds were gone. Ready for next time. Though, he still felt minor pain and couldn't move well.

Dipper did his best to move his head up. He stared at the dream demon's eye. "May I ask a question?" Dipper winced well he spoke. "Please..."

The triangle thought as he was floating. "No."

"Come on, Bill, please. If I'm going to be here forever, till I die, of course, then I would like my questions answered!" Dipper pleaded. He wanted answers and, he knew, Bill had them. He wanted to move his arms to plead to Bill, but they wouldn't move. "Will you stop bothering me if I answer one question?" Bill plainly stated. He wanted to leave but, there was nothing else to do.

"Yes! Yes, of course!" Dipper vocalized, passionate in his voice. He had the energy to grab his new journal and looked through it. He only had one question and, he had to use it wisely.

"Why did you want to place Weirdmageddon here, on Earth?" Dipper requested. "My world was made of flat dreams, so I-" Bill answered quickly but was cut off. "I know what you did to your world. But why Earth?" Dipper observed Bill. He was taken back by the boys' quick response. He came here because he saw it was in 3-D but, he also felt like something was calling him trillions of years ago.

"Goodbye," Bill walked out of the room before Dipper could say anything more.

Did I hit a nerve? I didn't mean to. I was genuinely curious. Dipper glanced back to his notes. He smiled and began writing what Bill did. It fascinated him. Even if Bill was a corrupt Dorito, he loved to write about him. He also wrote things on how to defeat him. Dipper was having trouble figuring it out by himself. He thought about his friends and family, as he so frequently did.

"Bill Cipher. The nightmare demon," Dipper sighed and realized the name was perfect. He wrote it down in his journal; Bill had no dreams to give, only nightmares. Dipper laughed in the silence. He paused and realized that he may sound crazy right now. He didn't care, though. All Dipper wanted was to see his sister. I believe I'm getting closer as the days pass.

A Few Days Later, 19 Days Since Weirdmageddon Went Global

(Dipper's POV)

I'm at my desk, the chair still hasn't broken which is surprising, when a loud bang comes from the kitchen.

Bill enters my room, I close my eyes and stand up. I face him. "Hello Pinetree," Bill states. "Hello, Bill. Is it morning already?" I question. I didn't get any sleep the night before. "Yes, but I'm not in the mood for pain today." Bill floats over to my un-touched bed.

"You're...You're not in the mood?" I ask him. "Yup. Not in the mood," he replied. This is so unlike Bill. "How come?" I request another answer from him. He must have been annoyed with my questions because he didn't answer.

"Oh! Sorry. I don't mean to pry. It's just-" I quickly try to fix my mistake. He interrupts me with: "You have a wandering mind."

My cheeks go red from embarrassment. "R-Right," I rub the back of my neck, trying to calm my nerves. "In that case, want to...um," I try to find the right words.

"Want to talk?" I finally speak. He looked at me like he was confused that I wanted to talk with him. "I haven't had a lot of conversations with others and, I feel like I'm going insane." I laugh at my response. "I like the sound of that, Pinetree," Bill appeared to be smirking. He did love when people were in pain, why not insane too?

Dipper rolled his eyes but, he was smiling on the inside. His plan to befriend the infamous Bill Cipher was working.