Chapter 56: All that was Lost

"Marquis Trinity is in there." Grey pointed to the door, "He's pretty much confessed to everything."

"Alright." Cassien walked over to the door, turned the handle, and went inside. He saw the Marquis who had a dead aura coming off from him.

"Your highness, it's great to see you." He greeted in a sarcastic tone.

Cassien glared at him and sat down on the seat in front of him. He clasped his hands together and placed it on top of the table.

"So what did you want to ask me? Why I did it? Who else is in on it? I'm telling you everyone has already asked me these questions."

"Seriously...Do you realize what you have done?"

"I guess you could say everything is wrong with me. Is it wrong that I wanted more power? Being a Marquis means nothing compared to being the ruler of the Empire. Do you realize how lucky you are to be next in line? Yet all you care about is the Empire, oh an orphanage, oh we need to donate! You guys stick to the old ways but the world needs to realize how powerful Valentino is."

"You...Are you out of your mind? Are you saying you want to declare war to those other countries out there?" Cassien furrowed his eyebrows, "You murdered innocent people, tried to kill my father, you brought people into this whole mess for power? I am thankful I am the Prince of Valentino. I'm thankful everyday I have the life that many others wished they had. Because of my power I could help those people out to the best of my ability. That is what being a royal is all about. It's pathetic that you have to hear this from an eighteen year old."

"Whatever. If Ariana had actually gotten you to fall for her we would've succeeded."

"Succeeded? Seriously do you actually care about Ariana? Her mental-wellbeing? You literally screwed her whole life over because of your selfishness. Is that something to be proud of?"

"She is the one that chose this path. She could've ran away anytime she wanted. I wouldn't have cared."

"Seriously what a father you are..." Cassien got up from the chair, "That is your only daughter. Your only child, for crying out loud do you even care?"

"My only daughter who is a failure."

"Your seriously messed up in the head. To think someone like you was the Marquis of Central Valentino seems like a joke. Your so drunk of your own power you don't even see how corrupt you are. You have brought great shame to the Trinity Household. In fact, we are planning to remove it amongst the royals."

"W-What!" He shouted, "You can't do that!"

"Yes we can, under Valentino law. You have done something beyond unjust. Plus, you no longer have a heir to the House.

"What your leaving early? You tired of listening to me Prince Cassien?"

Cassien ignored him and walked towards the door.

"Let me tell you one thing." The Marquis looked at him, "This is only the beginning. You think that there aren't any other people who have the same ideals as me? Think again Prince Cassien. It's not going to stop here. You better watch out in the future because you'll never know if there's another person like me."

Cassien turned his head to reply, "If there is then I'll just stop them just like how we stopped you." He pulled the door open and left the room.

Outside Grey was leaning against the wall and looked up when Cassien walked out.

"How was it?"

"That guy is nuts." Cassien sighed out, "Do you know where they are going to send him to?"