In This Time Around

Elizabeth usually took a bath for an hour. But this time, she only took ten minutes.

Without calling for her maids, she wore her uniform, combed her hair, and simply let it flow freely down her back. Without putting any makeup on her face, she hurried down the stairs.

The maids who were supposed to serve her were gossiping in the kitchen.

"Hey... Have you seen Mr. Luke today?" Maid 1 asked.

"Nope. Why? You know you should stop daydreaming about Mr. Luke. Can't you see that he would never look at you? He probably doesn't even know your name!" Maid 2 said.

Maid 1 scoffed.

"Stop it. You know I won't listen to you. Who doesn't want to marry him? Even if he has a son, he is still so handsome. And of course, he's the richest amongst us who's working under the Chu's!"

"Speaking of his son, I saw them today. His son is so gorgeous than his own father!" Maid 1 continued.

"Hey, don't tell me you plan to seduce him? You're an old hag already! Leave it to us, the blooming maidens," retort Maid 2.

Hearing this, Elizabeth could not help but imagine a scene wherein Lucas was surrounded by pretty maids, with him showing his usual gentle smile to the maids.

She felt uncomfortable in her heart.

Imagining that Lucas had a girl by his side, loving her and protecting her. There was an indescribable feeling, making her heart heavy.

This feeling was like a tiny thorn scratching her heart, making it a bit painful.

But she promised not to be weak anymore...

'In this time around, I will do everything to make Lucas love me again... to finally be with him.'

'Even if he has a girl. I will snatch him away from her.'

'Lucas... In the past, you stayed and loved me secretly by my side. This time, I will boldly express my feelings for you.'

Gaining courage, she took another step and coughed loudly. She looked coldly at the maids and said:

"What are you gossiping about? If my grandfather hears you, he will surely not let you take another step in Chu mansion ever again, nor would you get to see whom you want to see."

She then walked away like she had not said anything while the maids were left with open mouths.

"The... The young miss... spoke. She spoke!"

They did not seem to focus on the fact that the young miss had warned them.

----------------------------------------------

At the dining table, Elizabeth sat on her usual seat.

She was earlier than expected. The food was being served, and the maids secretly peeked at her. Their young miss was earlier today. What scared them was that their young miss sat there unmoving, unblinking, with her usual cold, expressionless face. If not for her chest's light ups and downs, she could be mistaken for a beautiful statue.

Elizabeth was waiting for her grandfather. Actually, Elizabeth was holding in her excitement and anxiety at meeting her grandfather again after five years, the last time she had seen him from her previous life.

Even if she did not have an attachment to the old man, he was still after her guardian. Although the old man saw her as his pawn, he never schemed against her. The only mistake he had was choosing that beast as her marriage partner.