The mission

(A/n: Picture credits to rightful owners :'))

In the next thirty minutes, the hurtling range rover silently pulled near the gates of a huge apartment complex right in downtown Chicago.

Despite it being nearly 3 in the night, the place was brightly lit, with street lights and sombre neon flashboards- blinking the name 'coupé' in bold calligraphy.

Jungkook gripped on the steering wheel and lowered his head, peering through the tinted glasses of his window to inspect the status of security in the complex.

It was tight, as expected.

But that's what made it all the more fun. Jungkook smirked.

He pulled on the reverse gear and sped out of visible vicinity, casually driving backwards on the semi deserted streets before taking a left turn on some random blind alley.

The reverse moving car stopped in the middle of the narrow street and Jungkook let out a breath of utter excitement. He glanced at his left and pursed his lips on finding the ex cop fast asleep on the passenger seat.

After a while, Taehyung shifted on his seat and mumbled incoherently in his sleep, frowning as his nerves slightly buzzed from a foreign feeling.

He sensed something odd in the still air and his eyes slightly cracked open, head turning to his right only to meet with a pair of dark eyes staring right into his soul.

Taehyung nearly screamed.

But he contained himself at the right moment, his nervous ass body flaring up at the thought of being watched in his sleep. Like that even.

"What?" Jungkook asked calmly, tilting his head like an owl when he noticed the haywired expression on the boy's face.

"S-stop watching me in my sleep!" Taehyung sputtered, his central heating system going through a short circuit at the moment. Hot. He felt hot.

The mob chuckled lightly, extending a hand and brushing the brunette's red cheek with the back of his fingers.

"I had some time to kill, so thought i should have a good look at you meanwhile..."

Something in his gruff tone reminded Taehyung of a predator, maybe a lion would be fitting, who was toying around and sizing up his prey before devouring it whole. An involuntary shiver ran down his spine at the thought of him being that prey.

The brunette averted his gaze and looked out of the windows, seeing nothing but houses.

"W-where are we?" He croaked out, pressing his fingers tightly.

"Somewhere," Jungkook replied vaguely, looking down at his Rolex, "by the way I was meaning to ask... Do you like art officer Kim?"

Taehyung frowned at the title he used, it reminded him of the first time they met sometime around last week. He decided didn't liked to be call that anymore. It's not like he was still an officer was he?