Chapter 25 - The Prophecy

{Y/N's POV}

I made sure Tom wasn't around before I went into Professor Dumbledore's office. I walked inside and saw that everything was very well organized, compared to other Professors' offices that I had been in.

"What can I do for you today, Ms. Y/L/N?" I heard Professor Dumbledore's voice call out from behind his desk.

I hesitantly walked to his desk.

"I have to tell you something important," I said. "Something that includes Tom Riddle."

Professor Dumbledore's face immediately turned serious.

"Have a seat," he said and gestured to the chair in front of his chair.

"Before I go on, I want you to make a promise," I said.

His eyebrows raised.

"That depends. What do you want me to promise?" he asked, curious.

I took a deep breath. "I want you to promise me that whatever and whoever we discuss will stay between us," I said.

Dumbledore nodded in agreement.

"I promise whatever and whoever we discuss will stay between us," he swore.

"How can I trust you?" I asked.

"Trust is the key to a successful plan," he said.

There wasn't a bone in his face that gave me a reason to not trust him.

And so, I took a seat.

"Now what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked.

I sighed. "I've heard you know about Tom's plan," I said. "Correct?"

Dumbledore slightly nodded his head.

"Yes. How do you know?" he asked.

I fiddled with my fingers, nervous of what his reaction was going to be from what I was going to tell him.

"I am going to rule beside him."

Dumbledore's eyes widened.

"Why are you telling me this?" he asked.

"Because I have a favor."

"And what is this favor?" he asked.

"I want you to help me protect Lily Evans and her family," I said without hesitation.

Dumbledore nodded. "I see that you are not the only one who cares about her," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"You see, not long ago, a student came in asking the same thing."

I was surprised.

"Who?"

"Severus Snape."

My mind gears were running.

"So are you saying-"

"That he is working for me? Yes," Dumbledore explained.

It was all bitter-sweet love. Snape was secretly protecting Lily behind the scenes.

"What now?" I asked. "What are we going to do? We both know Tom isn't going to stop."

Professor Dumbledore sighed.

"There is a prophecy," he said. "About a chosen one who will defeat someone known as Lord Voldemort."

"Who's Voldemort?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I feel like it has something to do with Tom," Dumbledore said.

"What does the prophecy say?" I asked.

Dumbledore sighed. It seemed like sighing was a sign of the times.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

Saying I was shocked would be an understatement.

"What does it mean?" I asked, desperate to know.

"I wish I knew..." Dumbledore said.

"The Dark Lord," I said. "Tom considers himself as The Dark Lord," I said.

"Then I'm afraid this prophecy does indeed have something to do with Tom Riddle."

I had so many questions inside my head.

Who's the chosen one?

What does the prophecy mean by the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal?

What power will they have that Tom won't have?

Either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives???

My head was spinning gears. I only knew one thing: They would be born at the end of July.

"Y/N?" Dumbledore asked.

I snapped out of my state.

"Yes?"

"You must prevent the prophecy."

I felt like I was carrying the fate of the world. Oh wait- I WAS.

"You're the only one who can prevent this from happening. If the Dark Lord feels something from you, we must pray it is strong enough to stop his obsession of revenge against the world."

The Dark Lord. I thought. His title was becoming even more intimidating by the hour.

"Yes," I answered. "But it'll have to be here at Hogwarts."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well everyone will be at their homes during Christmastime, right? I won't have a chance at the orphanage. It needs to be here," I said.

Dumbledore thought about it. "I'll need to talk to the Ministry about it. That is beyond my hands."

"You can't!" I shouted. "They'll suspect something and investigate. They might make you swear an oath to tell!"

Dumbledore froze and sighed.

"I suppose, but," he said. "I don't want you two to be causing a ruckus. Don't get caught," he said.

I nodded

"Thank you," I said. "But what about Lily?" I asked.

"I'll do what I can."

"I nodded once again. Thank you," I said and got up.

"And Y/N," Dumbledore said before I opened the door.

"Yes, Professor?"

"You have put yourself in a very difficult situation. Tom will kill anyone who tries to get in his way. Perhaps even you. Take care of yourself and good luck," he said.

"Thank you, professor," I said and quickly left.

{A/N's POV}

・゚✧a few moments earlier・゚✧

Standing behind Dumbledore's door was Severus. He had seen Y/N walk in a few moments ago. He suddenly heard Dumbledore speak about a prophecy.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

Severus listened for a few more moments and left to go report to his master.

---

Hey, glad you made it this far. Love you. <3

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag

🤎⌛️☕️

3/19/21