Laughter Prologue || Survived...

Hey, if you're reading this then great... I'll keep this short for everyone here, My name is Reggie and I experienced something I hope none of you have to go through. I won't forget the day that I meet her, those ear-piercing laughs will never leave my head, If only I didn't survive that night... Maybe just maybe I'd do better deader than being alive to hear her laughter time and time again for the rest of my life...

______________________________________________

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

        It was late at night, and I was coming home late one night from the library. I had been studying more lately since finals were coming up for my high school. I walked inside to smell my mother cooking. "Mom, I'm home," I yelled as I walked into the kitchen. "Good, you're in time." She said smiling at me, I stared at her confused. "Mom, it's nearly 9 pm?" I spoke as I set my backpack down, she turned to me and smiled. "Nami already ate and since I knew you were coming home late, I made something else for you!" My mother said, I smiled and ate what my mother gave me. After I was done with my meal and my active talk with my mother, I headed up to my room getting in the shower. "Don't forget your lunch for tomorrow!" I heard my mother say from outside the bathroom, but her voice sounded strange. "Alright," I said confused, my mom never told me about my lunch until the next morning, I got out and headed straight to my room. "Finally, sleep..." I mumbled, I then heard something from my closet which spooked me, but I smiled when I remembered my sister said she was going to try to pull a prank on me. "Nami, come on. You think this is going to scare me." I said as I made my way to my closet, as I got closer I heard laughter, but it didn't sound like Nami. "Nothing scares me." I laughed as I opened the closet only to see no one there. "Huh?" I questioned. "How dumb are you to still go to your closet a pond hearing the laughter that isn't your sisters?" A girl said, my heart stopped, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe anymore. "Humans are so idiotic," She continued, I slowly turned around to see a small dark-skinned girl, she was pretty, but that didn't stop my sweat from dripping off my face. "Who are you!" I asked shaking, she laughed and laughed, her laugh made me feel disgusted. "I'm going to call the cops," I said still scared of the girl in my room, she looked as if she was an innocent child. "It's my job to strike fear into other's hearts..." She laughed again, which made me feel sick to my stomach. "Stop laughing!" I slightly shouted, she ignored my words and walked over to sit on my bed. "I don't want to kill, I don't, but he says I need to." She sighed as she took out a pair of scissors, I was confused, who was 'He'? "Who is he?" I asked confused, she turned to me and smiled. "My papa, he says you need to die for the greater good." She laughed as she got up and took the scissors to my throat, up close I could see her pretty gray eyes. "Please, laugh before you die?" She asked, I shook my head in her response. "To be joyful is to be happy, laughter keeps you alive longer," She laughed before cutting my throat, I coughed as I grabbed my throat and fell to the floor, while on the floor I could hear footsteps coming. "Oh, I hear people coming, guess that's my cue to leave." She laughed, she ran behind my door right as my mother and sister ran into the room. "Reggie!" my mother yelled, I couldn't speak I hardly could breathe, but it had slowly gotten worse when I saw the girl go behind my mother and sister and slit their throat faster than she did mine. "N-..." I coughed, her eyes were dull, and she was no longer smiling. "You will no longer be in pain in this cruel world, be happy and joyful and always laugh." Her dull voice said as she went to my window. "You get to live, so spend your days nicely." She said while not looking at me, and then she jumped from my window, not long after I heard sirens and was taken to the hospital to get my throat stitched. After a while and I could talk once again I told the police about the girl I saw that night, they told me no one like her existed. "I know what I saw" I spoke quietly, the cop nodded. "Do you remember her name?" The cop asked, I thought for a moment and heard her psychotic laugh run through my head. "Laughter..." I laughed, the cop shook his head and went over to the other cop. "He needs to be put into a mental hospital for a while." I heard the cop say, I continued to laugh as I remembered what the girl said. 

"Laughter..." 
·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙