8.05

Season 8, episode 8

Season 8, episode 8

"Oh, sorry, Lena. I'm gonna need your esophageal atresia." Arizona told Helena, the resident reluctantly handed her the chart. "And you have a pyloric stenosis, I might need that one too."

"Why are you stealing all my surgeries?" The brunette pouted slightly.

"We have a prospective peds fellow coming in today, and she's being courted by all the big guns. USC, Johns Hopkins, Chop... and Hunt asked me to make sure she got the red carpet tour." The blond explained. "That includes scrubbing in on a couple of surgeries."

"You're already meeting people for the fellowship?" Helena asked, furrowing her brows.

"Well, it's a little early, but when someone with Polly Preston's resume wants to observe in your hospital, you make the time." The blond told her, leaving.

"Well, I'm being courted by the big guns too." Helena muttered to herself, pouting. "Doing two residencies at once and everything but no, go ahead and steal my surgeries."

——

"Helena Campos?" A woman called out, turning around from the nurses station to a woman in a wheelchair. At the person before her, a soft, surprised smile grew on her face.

"Mrs. O'Malley?" Helena chuckled disbelievingly, putting down her chart.

"Louise. How many times have I told you?" The woman smiled at her, Helena lowering herself to hug the woman. "Oh, look at you. You're all
grown up..."

"What are you doing here?" The small girl asked, worried. "Are you ok?"

"Oh, it's nothing, dear. Meredith took me for some exams..." The woman shrugged it off. "Now, Lena, I wanna hear everything! How have you been?"

"Hum, I got married a while ago, as you know." Helena told her, her smile wide. "I'm on my last year of residency, I'm specializing in pediatric and neonatal surgery."

"Oh, that's so great! You're a real surgeon now." Louise chuckled. "And any kids? No one around here seems to have any of those, I was hopping to make some baby clothes soon..."

"I do, I have a little girl, Alice. Alice George Sloan, actually."

At that, the woman's eyes filled with tears, as she held the girl's hand tight. "Oh, honey, I'm so proud of you. Georgie would be, too." The two statues at each other in emotion for a moment, before Louise shook her head, asking. "Do you have any pictures?"

"Yes, give me a second." The doctor told her, pulling her phone out of her pocket and bending over slight to show the woman. "Right there, this is from two days ago."

"Oh, she's beautiful..." The woman shook her head. Then, she noticed the necklace that dangled from the woman's neck, her eyes filling back with tears. "You still wear it?"