draft Chapter 5-8

"You heard it too?" Idris called out to Raina, who only nodded.

Her dark eyes shifted back towards Theo, who still groaned quietly while both his hands clutched his family jewels. "You'll be fine. Get up, you big baby."

Theo's eyes shifted two shades darker and small sparks of yellow dipped into his brown irises as his wolf surfaced. His lips curled upwards, but instead of a growl, he simply smirked at Raina then paused like he mindlinked her. Her lips parted, then in one movement, one of his large hands clamped down on one of her small shoulders and he tugged her lips flush with his.

A collective gasp enclosed the space around them, as us spectators shared a similar level of shock, then discomfort when their forward form of intimacy increased. Raina fervently returned the kiss with more passion than I knew she had in her entire body. My eyes averted towards the floor, although I suppressed an urge to let out a 'Get it, girl!' cheer for her.

I practically felt Elena's raised eyebrows at me from her mindlink, 'Guess everyone has their own version of flirting. Caleb's rude comments don't look so bad, huh?'

'Not funny.' I refused to look at her, when really my eyes were mesmerized by the chemistry between Raina and Theo.

Finally Theo and Raina broke off for air, then his eyes looked darkly down at her. "You'd better be careful, hit me too many times like that and we might not be able to have eight pups."

Over three months, I'd never seen Raina's emotional feathers ruffled. In the matter of about ten minutes, for lack of better words, Theo had thoroughly plucked her.

"What!?" Her screeched voice vibrated off the hardwood floors. Her fists squeezed tight while her dark eyes sized up his large build like his words deserved another knee into his... ego.

"I grew up a..." He paused for a moment, like the realization that he almost admitted something personal in front of several still wide-opened eyes finally hit him. His large, bulky shoulders lifted up and his voice sounded casual when he looked at Raina and confessed, "I want a large family. You've kicked my ass more times over the past forty-eight hours than anyone I've ever met, you can handle anything."

'So... Big guy's a softie family man inside?' My eyes shifted to Elena, who stifled a giggle behind a few light coughs.

'I've never seen Raina look so uncomfortable,' she replied. 'I can't tear away my gaze from these two. I always thought mates complimented each other but it's like they've been paired with the opposite sex's version of themself.'

Just when I couldn't have been more shocked, now Raina's shoulders lifted casually. Her lips parted into a rare, genuine smile that she directed at Theo. At her words, he also looked at her with the first softened expression I'd seen from him.

"No more than six."

Two hours later, Elena, Rose, and I had finally gotten Raina alone in my bedroom, where we wanted to know what her cryptic message about war had meant

Two hours later, Elena, Rose, and I had finally gotten Raina alone in my bedroom, where we wanted to know what her cryptic message about war had meant. After she'd said it, Alpha Sandolf whisked her, Beta Eyolf, Idris, Cole, and Theo out of the foyer, which had left me, Rose, and Elena with only our speculations.