chapter eleven

<sunday march 14 2021 10:59 AM>

you sit in the backseat with jake, taking in the bright sunshine bursting through the windows and admiring the trees zooming by.

jake gets your attention by nudging your arm softly. "so, how excited are you to see tommy?" he raises his eyebrows.

"more than you could imagine," you smile brightly.

before you know it, your dad pulls up to a starbucks drive thru window and asks what you want.

"ooo, can i have a grande vanilla latte and a banana nut muffin please?" you love starbucks and it's a rare occasion that your family offers to get you some. you're so used to going after school with your friends.

oh my gosh. school. i didn't even think about that.

as your dad turns around to pass you your coffee and muffin, you ask him, "dad? what are we going to do about school when we're in england?"

"well, because of covid, you're already virtual so it doesn't really matter where you do your work right?" your dad responds.

"true, i didn't think of that." your mind is now at ease and you take a sip of your coffee, feeling the warmth fill you up.

you munch on your muffin until it's finished and your dad pulls up to the mall. you get out of the car, holding the door for jake as you put on your mask.

"alright," your mom says. "we need clothes, toiletries, and anything else you guys can think of."

"bathing suits!" you add.

"yes! good idea," your mom replies. she points at jake and your dad, "don't get distracted you two."

"we won't," your dad and jake respond simultaneously. even though you already know that you and your mom are going to have to drag them out of the microsoft store in a few hours to get their real shopping done.

you enter the mall as your mom says, "i'm taking y/n. now you two behave yourselves," she says to jake and your dad.

"yes ma'am," says jake.

"sure thing," replies your dad.

you and your mom part ways with jake and your dad and head toward your favorite stores. rather than the huge amount of clothes you are about to purchase, all you can feel is the pure excitement coursing through your veins at the thought of seeing tommy.

<sunday march 14 2021 2:05 PM>

after multiple  hours of shopping, you haul your many shopping bags to the car and help your family load them in the trunk. you got so many cute clothes that you can't wait to wear. your mom even helped you pick out some evening dresses incase you went out for dinner. 

you slip in the car and buckle your seat belt, exhaling loudly after the draining act of shopping. you start to slowly drift off to sleep when you feel your cell phone buzz in your pocket. you had turned off your ringer when you were at the mall and hadn't looked at it since you left the house this morning.

2:11 PM

tommy

7 missed calls

tommy

13 iMessages

Wilbur Soot

hey y/n are you still gonna join (...)

Wilbur Soot

tommy seems to be going mental without u 

"uh oh..." you murmur to yourself, burying your face in your two hands. overwhelmed with emotion, you close your eyes the rest of the way home, sleeping on your problems as if you'll solve them in your dreams.