Chapter 83: Reunion and silver magic

Not proofread

Felix's heart was drumming against his ribcage when he got a glimpse of the familiar long ginger hair of his mother. Without thinking, Felix pushed past his hyungs and entered the room first. HIs eyes fixated on the ginger hair in his vision.

All air was knocked out of Felix's lungs when he stood in the room that was way too familiar with the one he had seen when he entered the headquarter. Everything would be bleak Whiteness if it wasn't for the spots of dried blood on the ground and walls.

In the middle of the room were two people laying on the ground unmoving. Their wrists were cuffed behind their backs and attached to a large metal chain, which was fixated on the ground.  

Felix felt a lump forming in his throat when he registered the ginger hair of his mother again. It was splayed on the ground, creating a stark contrast to the Whiteness of the room, which was one of the reasons Felix's eyes had locked onto the color as soon as he caught a glimpse of it.

Not far from his mother was the other person that Felix also instantly recognized. Laying on his stomach with his face turned away from the door where Felix stood, was the young cat hybrid's father. For a short moment, Felix had the feeling to see Minho instead of his father, even though he knew that his older brother was right behind him.

A small movement on his mother's head let Felix attention snap back to the ginger woman. Felix's breath was caught in his throat when his mother slowly raised his head, her piercing green cat eyes looking around disoriented until they met her son's ice blue ones.

"Mum," Felix whispered mostly to himself before his legs started to move on their own. The little movement had his mother's eyes widen in fear.

"Felix, don't!" she yelled. Felix didn't understand what was going on, but he was suddenly yanked back by his shoulders. The ginger cat hybrid let out a surprised yelp, his head snapping to the side to see that Minho had been the one to yank him back. Minho's piercing green eyes were blown wide and his breath was a bit quickened while his gaze was focused on their mother.

"Thank you, Minho," Mrs. Lee said, dragging Felix's attention back to his mother. The ginger haired woman had pushed her upper body up even with her wrist tied behind her back, so she was in a sitting position. She looked a lot thinner than Felix remembered and he could faintly see patches of purple and green color on her skin.

"There is a hunter's trap," Mrs. Lee explained, pointing at a specific spot in front of her with her nose. Felix realized how he had almost crossed that spot in order to get to his parents. If his mother hadn't reacted so quickly he would have activated whatever trap was hidden here.

"How can we get past it?" Minho asked from behind Felix. Mrs. Lee looked at her two sons, showing a light smile before shaking her heads. Felix felt his heart being clenched uncomfortably. There had to be a way to get past this trap and save his parents.

Subconsciously, Felix's gaze wandered over to his father, who was still unmoving on the ground. It made the lump on the young cat hybrid's throat tighten. His father was alive right? Of course, he was alive, otherwise the room would reek of death, but it was only filled with the scent of his parents and old blood.

Felix flinched a bit when Byungho walked up beside him. He hadn't noticed the brunette coming up beside him at all. A certain calmness radiated from Byungho when he knelt down, placing his hands flat on the ground. Slowly, even Felix could feel the magic radiating off his older friend. It showed itself as a faint golden glimmer that surrounded the brunette.

For a few moments, nothing happened but then Felix heard something cracking. The ginger's cat ears twitched around trying to detect what was making this sound only to realize that it came from multiple spots. The quieted but nearby sound of multiple little explosions had Felix on edge, but then he heard Byungho sigh and plop himself down on the ground.