39. Like a little girl would with her father

Okay so, I hope you're all enjoying this book so far.

If you're wondering, no Brett isn't mafia. He just runs a gang kind of, they raid drug shipments for money. They own businesses illegally, but they're well known.

And even payoff the local police men to stay out of jail.

It will all come out eventually, but just to give you some more insight.

Thanks for reading commenting and voting, it means so much to me.

Third person POV

Brett had cleaned himself off and Liam's place before heading back home to see how his kids and Olivia were dealing with everything. He knew that it would've shaken them up, especially Olivia and Charlotte - he just wasn't sure how they'd react.

Walking into the house, he loosened his tie with his right hand, letting hang loosely around his neck. He unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt, letting out a tired sigh.

When he entered the kitchen, he found Olivia sat there drinking - eyes on the door as if she was waiting for him to return.

Brett froze when his gaze landed on her.

She looked distraught and tired. He didn't know what to say, what could he say?

Olivia's body stiffened and she straightened her back at the sight of Brett. He looked tired, but he wasn't shaken up about what had happened today, he looked the same as he always did after a day at work.

They stared at one another for a long minute, until Olivia spoke up.

"Aren't you going to say anything?", She seethed.

Brett swallowed at the harsh tone, fuck. "What do you want me to say?", He asked, his tone gentle and his gaze soft as he stares down at her. He hadn't moved, not yet. He stayed standing still in the doorway, his gaze fixed on her.

She looked so small sat there, and it made Brett realize how dangerous his life was for her and for his kids...

This was the first time something had happened like this - nobody had ever gone for his family, nobody. It was an unwritten rule in England, but he guessed that the Russians did things a little differently.

Olivia laughed at his question. "Are you fucking kidding me, Brett?", She raised a brow, staring across at him in disbelief.

He said nothing again.

This time though, Olivia rose from her seat and made her way to stand right in front of him. Brett did not move and inch, his eyes just followed her every movement. He peered down at her, his jaw clicking with frustration with what had happened.

He was angry too - but it didn't get them anywhere.

"Charlotte was nearly fucking killed!", She whisper yelled, slapping his chest once. "Are you even fucking listening?", She slapped his chest again.

Brett stood still, just watching her.

He knew what he had almost lost today, and he was sorting it as they spoke but... He didn't know how to explain to Olivia that they would be safe again really soon. He couldn't tell her that he'd killed one of them, and would kill every last one of them if they came for his family, including Olivia.

She slapped his chest again, and again, and again. Tears streaming down her face. Tears of anger and also sadness. "She could have died!", She cries, slapping his hard chest over and over again. She didn't stop, she kept hitting him and hitting him, and he just took it.