7

"Took you long enough!" A voice called teasingly as the beach sparkled into view.

"Sorry! Sandor held me up!" She called as she walked down the beach towards him.

Alvar held his arms open, inviting her in for a hug and she happily jumped into them, sending them tumbling into the sand.

"Hey!" He shouted with a laugh and she giggled slightly.

"Sorry!" She laughed as they both sat up.

"It's fine! I'm glad to see your happy to see me." He smiled and shook some sand out of his hair.

"Well I was excited to see what you prepared." She said and gave him a little elbow to the side as a hint.

He smirk and stood up, offering her his hand.

"Shall we then?" He asked and she took his hand.

He lead her to the back of the beach where she noticed a small path leading into the woods. A few small lanterns lit the path through the thick undergrowth and tall cedars, casting soft light as he led her further into the forest. After a few minutes of walking they rounded a bend to a small space where a small A frame cabin sat.

"Has this been here the whole time?" She asked.

"Possibly." He hummed and led her up the front steps and inside.

Her eyes widened when she saw that a table had been set up and a dinner was already lain out, a cluster of candles sat in the middle. The rest of the cabin had a welcomed home feel with a fireplace across the room and a loft above their heads.

"I know it's not some fancy restaurant in Atlantis, but I am public enemy number 1 so I thought it would be best to do something more private." He said and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Alvar, it's perfect." She said and reached to hold his hand.

He smiled widely before breaking their hands apart and pulling out one of the chairs for her to sit.

"You're such a gentleman." She teased as she sat and he rolled his eyes.

(Time skip to the end of dinner by me, because I am way too lazy and awkward to write it.)

"That was great!" She smiled and put her fork down with a smile.

"That's good to know, but I have one last idea." He said and stood up.

She raised an eyebrow and he chuckled at her face.

"It may be cold and dark but, midnight swim?" He asked.

"Now that sounds like a date!" She cheered and he blushed.

Within minutes they had ran down to the beach, laughing the whole way.

"Last one in is a law abiding citizen!" She called and threw of her cape.

"Hey!" Alvar scoffed as he stumbled towards the waves while taking his shoes off.

Sophie took a breath of confidence and she ran into the cold water, letting out a yelp of shock. But the upper half of her body that was still warm was quickly soaked as Alvar belly flopped straight into the water beside her.

"That's cold!" He screamed as she resurfaced.

"You didn't have to drench me!" She wined and rung out her dress a bit.

He smiled evilly before diving back below the waves.

"What are you- HEY!" She screamed as one of her legs was pulled for beneath her, taking her off balance and sending her falling into the water.

"Alvar!" She yelled as he resurfaced laughing.

"Come on you know you love me." He smirked and pulled her into him.

She sighed but couldn't keep the small smile off her face. She tilted her face up and he leaned down, pressing his lips to hers. They both sat in each other's arms for what felt like hours, but in reality was probably only a minute.

"Do you ever just want to run away from it all? Take off a registry pendant and go start a new life?" He said in the silence.

She shifted slightly.

"Every day." She mumbled and griped his tunic a bit tighter.

"But I know I can't. There's people that I care about, I can't just leave them to do this by themselves. But once it's over..." She continued as leaned back slightly to look into his eyes.

He put his hand on her face and cupped her cheek softly.

"When it's over then. When we take down the Neverseen, let's start over. We can go to the human world or even just some place in the middle of nowhere, where we can just be us." He said and stared into her eyes, not breaking contact.

She closed her eyes and leaned into his hand.

"Right here seems like a nice place." She whispered.

"Then this is where it will be." He replied with a soft smile.

The moonlight reflected of the water casting a light over the two of them, illuminating both of their faces just enough. However perfect that moment might seem, they still had a lot of work ahead of them before it truly could be.

Hi. So like sorry for dropping off the radar for awhile. But good news! I'm getting therapy now so hopefully my mental state and motivation to write will improve! And to my friend who is back on wattpad.... I'm sorry.