1

Asami

"I don't get it."

"You say that every lesson. What don't you get this time?" I say, looking over to my left where Opal has her head slammed against her desk.

She lifts her head up and looks at her 'notes' again.
"All of it." She says.

I point the the board with my pencil. Equations, numbers, graphs.
"It's literally on the board. You just have to copy it."

"Well why didn't you say so?" Opal asks me as she begins to finally jot something down in her book.

I roll my eyes.
"Mr Tarrlok said to 'take notes' surely you know what that means."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

I laugh and push my glasses further up my nose. This lesson wasn't so bad, the subject I mean. The teacher however wasn't the greatest. Mr Tarrlok. Persistently strict but aren't all Science teachers? He knows his stuff that's for sure and I've learned a lot from him. However my father filled in most of the blanks.

Motors, machines, engines that sort of thing. My family is big on cars I guess.. sort of. I'm hoping to get myself into higher education so I can really get going in the mechanical industry but that's been a lot harder than I imagined. It's not the lessons that are the problem, it's-

"Korra how nice of you to join us 30 minutes late!"
I hated it when he shouted like that. His voice pierced through my ears every time.

That's when she walked in.
"Sorry, got lost." She simply said as she sauntered over to sit with her 'group'. She got lost? Got lost in a school that's she been attending to for 5 or so years?

God. Korra Smith. Where do I even begin with her? The Captain of the women's football team here in this school, of course she would be. And with a title like that she thinks she owns this place.

I've always managed to find myself in all of her classes. Even from the very start of school she's always been the same. That cocky, loud mouth disrupter of every single lesson. I don't even know why she attends! I don't think I've seen her pay attention once in any of them. It's either she's always laughing, shouting out or asleep at her desk.

Don't even get me started on her 'group'. Whatever they call it I don't know. Nor do I care. They're all just as bad as her.

Mako, some irritating lunatic that always seems to talk back to teachers. Disrespectful if you ask me. It makes me gag seeing the whole school bend over backwards for this guy. They all say he's handsome but I don't see it.

Bolin? Well he's not exactly an angel but he gets a pass. Even though he's Mako's brother, he's a sharp contrast from him which I think is the only good part about him. However, he's loud... very loud.

Kuvira. To put it lightly, she's basically a clone of Korra. Just as cocky and just as annoying. She always has to have a say in everything.

The fact that all of them turn up to school without dressing themselves properly just makes them even more irritable. Their shirts are always untucked or the tie around their necks are never done up. It's normally Korra's right shoe laces thats always flopping around on the floor as she walks.

Just those four. Those infuriating four make my school life a hell of a lot harder. Why can't they just be quiet and just get on with their day without being a bunch of pricks?

I shake my head and get on with my note writing. There's only a few minutes left anyways I might as well make the most of it.
"Sir, what are we doing!"