SIXTEEN

BOUNCE
━━━━━━(●'ω`●)━

YOU APPROACH A TRACI model standing in its case and study its position. If anyone would've left the room, this Android would've seen considering she's directly across from it... Maybe she knows where the Deviant went.

She stares back at you, blankly, and smiles. You press your finger against the screen to rent her but the screen flashes red.

"No fingerprint detected. Please try again."

Of course. You weren't designed to have fingerprints... Frowning, you glance over your shoulder to where Connor and Hank are talking with the officer, Ben, from earlier.

"Excuse me... Lieutenant, Detective," you say, a polite smile on your face. They turn to face you with equally curious expressions. "Can you please come with me for a moment?"

"You found somethin'?" Hank asks, an eyebrow raised.

"Maybe..." You lead them to the Traci and stare at her, blankly. Hank stares at her. Connor stares at her. And Connor clears his throat, uncomfortably. "Can one of you please rent this Traci?"

"Ngh-" Connor chokes on his words and coughs loudly. "Wh-"

"For fuck's sake, Y/N," grunts Hank with a somewhat flustered expression. He strides away from the Traci, "we got better things to do."

You block him off, "Please, Lieutenant! Trust me..."

A moment of silence passes between the two of you as he thinks. Meanwhile, Connor continues to cough into his fist and gasp for breath.

With a sigh, Hank approaches the machine and puts in his card details. It buzzes to life.

"Hello. A 30-minute session costs $29.99. Please confirm your purchase."

He side-eyes you (judgementally) and you nod. "This is not gonna look good on my expense account..." With a sigh, he hits the confirm button and steps back awkwardly.

"Purchase confirmed. Eden Club wishes you a pleasant experience."

"Yeah, you're welcome..."

Connor watches in mild horror as the case opens up and the Traci steps out.

"Delighted to meet you. Follow me, I'll take you to your room," says the Traci with a pleasant smile on her face as she stares at Hank.

Hank stares at you unsurely, "Okay, now what?"

You move toward the Traci and grab her by the arm, ready to probe her memories. Your skin peels away for the third time this evening as you enter her mind.

"Holy shit, Y/N... What the hell are you doin'?"

Memories of a man looking at her flood your thoughts. You speed time up and see a blue-haired Traci model leaving the room and walking toward the Eden Club's entrance. Ah, so she's the Deviant... Finally, you're onto something.

You pry your hand off the Traci's arm and she stares at you, puzzled. "It saw something."

"What are you talkin' about? Saw, what?"

"The deviant leave the room... A blue-haired Traci. Club policy is to wipe the androids' memory every two hours. We only have a few minutes if we wanna find another witness!" You rush forward, your mind spinning as you calculate the next Android to probe.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do with this one?" Hank calls and he sounds a little panicked.

Connor laughs, "Tell it you changed your mind!"