16

"So, you and Taehyung have been getting along well haven't you?" Jin asked.

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, he's a good friend."

"Friend?" Jin questioned.

"Yeah, is there something wrong with that?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, lowering his book from his face. 

Jin quickly shook his head. "No, I'm just wondering something..." He said vaguely.

"Something? Something like what?" Jungkook questioned only to get a head shake in response. "Hyung! Hyung tell me!" 

"If you like him more than a friend." Jin shrugged absentmindedly, turning a page in his textbook. 

Jungkook tilted his head. "Why- Why would you think I like him more than a friend... He's touchy and... Annoying?" Jungkook muttered unsurely.

Jin looked up from his book as he flipped open his notebook. "You don't sound too sure, and I was just curious. You act differently around him." Jin pointed out. 

Jungkook frowned as he leaned back in his chair. "I don't act differently around him!" 

"You do. You keep asking him for high-fives like a hyperactive puppy. Even Namjoon noticed you've been acting differently, he's super book smart and I love the dude but come on... He's kinda dense when it comes to people being in love." Jin shook his head with a fond smile.

"So... That automatically means I like him?" Jungkook questioned defensively. 

"No. But it's you, you don't like touching people." Jin stated closing his textbook.

"Well... What if I'm just getting used to it?" Jungkook huffed letting his chair sit back down on the floor as he started gathering his things.

Jin thought for a moment as he stood up. "Well, do you like anyone else but Taehyung putting their hands on you?" He asked. "Even then I was worried you'd hate Taehyung after what happened the first day at the dorms. Now you're all buddy-buddy."

Jungkook ruffled his hair with a slight pout on his lips. That's true he didn't like Taehyung at first, but after getting to know the older more... He understood him... His story appealed to him. Jin also had a point, Taehyung was really the only one he was trying his little 'exposure therapy' experiment with. 

Does that mean he should try it with other people? 

"Hey, Jin, high-five," Jungkook asked and Jin complied as they briefly touched their hands together. Jungkook scrunched up his nose as he looked at his hand.

"Well?" Jin asked.

"It feels weird..." Jungkook sighed.

Jin's smile broke into a smirk. "Does it feel weird with Taehyung?"

"No..." Jungkook muttered as he ruffled his hair again.

"I think you like him." Jin snickered.

"I- I don't!" Jungkook huffed. "Besides. Even if I did, hypothetically, like him, what's the chance he'd like me back?"

Jin shrugged. "Average? Maybe higher?"

Jungkook laughed. "No, he literally talks about how Jimin is his soulmate twenty-four-seven." 

Jin rolled his eyes. "Yeah but Jimin is aromantic. It's a platonic soulmate thing, Jimin reminds me every time I bring it up..." 

"Still, platonic relationships are a thing, and I'm like ninety percent sure theirs has more commitment already than most marriages have over thirty years." Jungkook sighed as he thought about it more. 

Even if Jimin was aromantic and asexual that didn't mean he also lacked commitment... If Taehyung was his platonic soulmate maybe he shouldn't mess with their relationship. 

"OH MY GOD JIMIN WHAT DO I DO?" Taehyung yelled as he paced around the dorm room. 

"Just chill out!" 

"I CAN'T CHILL OUT YOU CHILL OUT!" Taehyung snapped. "I like Jungkook oh my god... OH MY GOD-"

Jimin stifled a laugh as he cleared his throat. "Alright, have you ever thought of... I don't know... Confessing?" 

Taehyung paled at the suggestion. "Nope! Nope! NOPE- I'm going to put all my feelings in a little metaphorical box and then lock that box and then when I die that box will be buried with me. PERFECT!" He declared.

Jimin facepalmed as he shook his head. "Okay, even I think you sound a bit crazy."

"Jungkook just started to be comfortable around me! I'm not going to ruin it with my feelings." Taehyung crossed his arms. 

"Have you considered maybe he's comfortable around you because he likes you too?" Jimin suggested. 

Taehyung opens and closed his mouth as he pondered the thought. "I really doubt it... I mean I think I traumatized him a little bit on... More than one occasion... If I were him I wouldn't even talk to me."

"But he does. Doesn't that mean anything?" Jimin questioned. "Also you've already done an accidental portrait of him and named it after the goddess of beauty so... I think it's beyond the point where it can get weird..." 

"I don't even know how that happened!" Taehyung threw his hands up in the air as he continued to pace around the room.

Jimin laughed at Taehyung's reaction. "You're in L word with him that's how it happened."

"I don't think it's deep enough to say I'm in L word with him... Let's just call it... A very teeny tiny itty bitty crush." Taehyung suggested as he glanced over at Jungkook's side of the dorm. Finding Winston sitting on the bed staring into his soul. Taehyung picked up the small owl. "You better not say a word about this!" He scolded before placing it back down on the bed.

"Because when you have very teeny tiny itty bitty crushes on people you paint portraits of them and talk to their owl plushies as if they were sentient and are going to rat you out." Jimin rolled his eyes. "But seriously I think Jungkook likes you."

Taehyung covered his face with his hands as he groaned. "I doubt it."

Jimin got up and grabbed his friend's wrists. "Seriously, listen to me," Jimin said firmly. "The kid is super shy and quiet, you're the only person he's opened up to besides Namjoon or Jin, and they basically adopted him everyone knows that. So that has to count for something."

"I guess?" Taehyung muttered.

"You guess?" Jimin dropped Taehyung's arms. "You don't see him swooning up to anyone else, I mean I can understand Yoongi because he can appear cold when you first meet him but Hoseok is a literal happy virus ball of sunshine, you can't NOT like the dude, and yet, Jungkook chose you." 

Taehyung sighed. "He didn't choose anything yet. It's not like he asked me out or anything." 

"Yeah, but he chooses to constantly ask you for high-fives and chooses to take you with him on all of his photography projects!" Jimin pointed out. 

"He's trying to get better with touching people, and hey I'm a great model!" Taehyung justified.

"Yes, but he chose you to start with."

"I guess... I guess he did."

☽✧ ✦ ✧☾

2 chapters... :D

Also, hi it's been a while...