Japan's Fourth Most Wanted

Error. File Does Not Exist.

You pinched the bridge of your nose and shut your eyes after the fatal error message displayed on the screen again.

"Dammit" you seethed under your breath.

This had been about your sixth attempt to gain access to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department files. You were successful at doing so many times before, but they were smaller scale, minimum security files. This file, on the other hand, contained all information of the suspects and leads in ongoing cases. It wasn't your usual run-of-the-mill shoplifter report, this was huge. Leads on serial killers and gang members were in these encrypted files.

This could help you find the men responsible . . . the men responsible for his death.

You heaved a sigh as you brought your hands up to cup the sides of your face. The sleeves of your brother's zip-up sweater planted against your skin.

If you could somehow break past the firewall of the police department, you might even have a chance at getting past the Japanese Public Security Intelligence Agency, or some of the other high class intelligence agencies.

You furrowed your brows in determination and decided to have another go at it.

"You need this, (Y/N), come on," you whispered to yourself in encouragement. "You've done this a thousand times before, do it again."

Bringing your hands back down to your keyboard and furiously typing away at your laptop as you tried tuning out the conversations around you in the café.

It was nearly sundown; the sky was painted in a bright hue of orange. Your phone was still blowing up from the constant messages and missed calls from your university friends and father. Ugh, your father. You dared not to even peek at your phone, knowing already what your father's messages were going to say.

Sweetheart, please answer.

Should I send Takeda over to pick you up from campus now?

Do you want me to come myself?

I am starting to worry, please pick up the phone—

Blah blah blah.

Truth is, you loved your father and he loved you. He was just overbearing is all. From constantly tracking your location to sending private security guards to keep an eye on you during class lectures—it would get overwhelming. You always questioned why he would take such extreme measures and his response to you would always be, "Dear, it's because I love you. I couldn't forgive myself for foolishly letting you out in the world without any protection."

It took you a lot of convincing for him to let you even reside on campus in a dorm. At first, he insisted to move in with you in an apartment nearby. That way he could always be close to you and you would have his security team on standby. You refused, of course. You were sick of being suffocated back when you lived with your dad in the family villa, despite you and your father being the only residents there. The random bodyguards stationed around your home provided you with an even less sense of homeliness.

The reason you chose to attend the Tokyo Institute of Technology was so you could place a significant amount of distance between your father and yourself. He didn't understand why you couldn't just pursue law like he did; always telling you that you would make a hell of a lawyer or even a politician like him. You didn't want that, though. You were already known as the daughter of the all-powerful politician Hiroshi Sawamura, following in his footsteps was not in your plan. You hated the many things he stood for when it came to the government. You loved him with all your heart, but not his political persona.