𝑺𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑬

Tom Marvolo Riddle was a large part of Dumbledores' game

Tom Marvolo Riddle was a large part of Dumbledores' game. He was a chess piece from the very beginning. When Dumbledore found out that Tom was a parseltongue, he started setting up his game board.

Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald were lovers. Grindelwald loved Dumbledore up until he found out about his plans. Grindelwald never wanted to kill muggles and take over Europe — that was all Dumbledore. Grindelwald wanted to keep their world (the magical world) safe and away from muggle eyes.

Muggles are dangerous. They kill what they fear. And they would fear magical beings. Try to take away their magic. Estelle had seen it.

Tom Riddles' original plan was similar to Grindelwalds in many ways. Tom loved the magical world; it was his home. But muggleborns came and ruined it all with their muggle Christian ways. How dare they!

He wanted to bring back Samhain and yule' where they thank Lady Magick for their gifts — without her, they would have no magic, and to not thank her is a disgrace.

All Tom wanted to achieve was bringing their world back to its original state. But under the compulsions, he was afraid he wouldn't live long enough to achieve those goals. And how lucky was he when he found a book on Horcruxes? But it could have just been a coincidence after all.

Since Horcruxes were so rare, there wasn't a note stating the side effects of making one — or seven. The logical part of him told himself that making one was wrong, but the controlled part didn't care.

To make a Horcrux, you had to commit the ultimate crime; death. You are effectively splitting your soul in two when you make Horcrux. It makes you go insane if you make too many.

His first Horcrux was his diary; that diary held everything about him. The death he used was Myrtle Warren — or better known as Moaning Myrtle. Her death was... an accident.

His second Horcrux was his grandfather, Morvolo Gaunt's ring. He used the death of his father, Tom Riddle Sr. Tom never liked his father — even if he was off compulsions. That man abandoned him before he was born; that man left him in an orphanage with no one.

The third Horcrux was his ancestor, Salazar Slytherins' locket. That locket was dear to him;
It was a family heirloom. The innocent used for this Horcrux was a Muggle tramp.

Horcrux four was Helga Hufflepuff's cup. Death used for the Horcrux was the owner of the cup, Hepzibah Smith, one of the last of the Hufflepuff line.

The last intentional Horcrux was Rowena Ravenclaws' diadem. Tom tricked Helena Ravenclaw into telling him where she hid the diadem. The death was a random Albanian peasant.

Tom never intended to make Estelle a Horcrux. In fact, he wanted to use her death to make his sixth.

Tom Marvolo Riddle never knew that making Horcruxes would make him insane and make him look half snake.