First Year // Chapter 13

It was the final day at Hogwarts. Ron came through alright and so did Harry. However, Harry wasn't allowed to have any visitors while he healed. Luckily we still had the Invisibility cloak and were able to sneak in to see him at night. 

Ron, Hermione, and I were standing on the staircase which leads to the Great Hall, hoping to catch Harry before he went in. As we stood there, we heard a familiar voice call out from below. We turned and standing down below was Harry with a huge smile on his face. 

"Alright there, Ron?"

"Alright. You?" Ron replied. Harry shrugged and looked over at Hermione. 

"Alright, Hermione?" Hermione smiled widely and replied in a cheerful tone.

"Never better." 

"Lori? How about you?" I ran down the stairs and crashed into Harry. 

"Absolutely bloody perfect," I said pulling away from him. Ron and Hermione ran down to join us and we all shared a hug. "You know, I may not be as close with you lot as I am with Neville, Dean, and Seamus. But, I am glad to call you all my friends." 

"You better call me a friend. I'm only your bloody twin!" Ron said slightly offended. I sighed and lightly punched his shoulder. 

"Oh shut it!" We all laughed as we headed into the Great Hall for our last meal of the year. As we entered, I noticed the decorations in the room meant that Slytherin had won the house cup. Which wasn't a surprise, I mean, us four alone probably lost Gryffindor almost two hundred points.  

I sat down next to Neville across from Ron, while Seamus sat on my other side. The Great Hall was filled with chatter until McGonagall clinked her glass to call out attention. Dumbledore then stood up and smiled at all of us. 

"Another year, gone! Now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with 312 points." Percy leans over and clears his throat at the four of us. 

"You'd think saving the bloody school from the Dark Lord-" Ron started. 

"Would count for something!" I finished. We shared a small laugh as Dumbledore continued to read the totals.

"In third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. An in first place, with 472 points ... Slytherin House." The Slytherin table erupts in cheers and shouts as I look and see Malfoy sending a smirk at Harry. I roll my eyes and slowly clap for the winners. None of us knew what Dumbledore had planned. 

"Yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must come into account. I have a few last-minute points to award." We all go silent as Dumbledore's smile grows slightly. "First, to Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect when others were in grave peril ... fifty points." 

I look over at Hermione and clap loudly. The look of pure joy on her face was priceless. 

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley," Ron's eyes go wide and he is confused. I chuckled and told him to pay attention as Dumbledore kept speaking. "for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years ... fifty points." 

I reach over and shake Ron's shoulder as Percy smiles down at us. I smiled back and was about to whisper something to him when Dumbledore caught me off guard. 

"Third, to Miss Lorrinda Weasley, for her cleverness and bravery showed true when her brother had been hurt ... thirty points."  Seamus and Neville wrapped me in a hug as Ron tapped my leg underneath the table. 

"Fourthly, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure never and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House ... thirty points." The Hall suddenly was filled with deafening cheers as he was awarded those points. Hermione was thinking hard and suddenly exclaimed.