Chapter 19

"Hi." A voice said.

"Who?!"

I looked back only to see myself.

No, not myself but the real Moriana Allisson.

I checked out my hair color and it was black from the roots. Just like my hair from the last life.

"Moriana?" I said.

"Yes! That's me." She smiled.

"I have so many things to ask you."

"Ask right away."

"Where is this place?" I asked.

"Oh, about that.... This is the world of souls." She replied.

"What!? World of souls?! Am I dead?!"

"No no no, it's just that, your mind's state brought your soul out from the different body you're possessing right now."

"Ah.. I see. So your body is empty right now?" I asked.

"Hm, yes."

"Did you die? I mean, before I possessed your body." I had so many questions to ask.

"No. It was fate that you came to my body since I am your reincarnation in your next life." She plainly said.

'So that's why her memories merged into mine. Makes sense.'

"Then did I die?"

"Yes. You always ate healthy foods but you abused yourself from work, always slept late and you became insomiac. And so, you died."

"...I have no objections." I said embarrassedly.

"Any more questions?" She said.

"Right. If you are my reincarnation, then does that mean that I'm also bound to die?

"Pft.."

"???"

"Hahahahahaha! Who said that you're going to die? The book you've read is nothing more than just a story. Whereas in this life, everything is depended by choices. Poor choices leads to poor results."

"Oh, so the story wasn't true? So that's why everything I expected didn't happen." I said in disappointment.

"Yeah. Expectations always lead to disappointment." She said.

"Just remember this though. I am you, and you are me. Once you wake up, my body will no longer reject you and you will become the real Moriana." She added.

"I wish you good in this life.... Lyla Hamilton."

"Wait! I still have many ques-"

*****

I had a dream.

It wasn't an ordinary dream but a deep one.

I talked to Moriana and discovered that she was my reincarnation.

I now know the real reason why the characters here in the story didn't play their part.

Because they were not just characters in the first place.

They were human.

Real human who makes real decisions and choices.

The last part of my dream reminded me of my name from the last life.