1.6) A Fanatic Heart - Pt. 2

(I accidentally published this without finishing it yesterday, so if your seeing this again, don't worry it's finished with time 😂)

Third Person's POV:

"Come on," Dane muttered as he grinded some ingredients together.

"You want a pink pestle and mortar? You're grinding like a girl," Riven remarked.

Mia chuckle lightly and said, "I don't have the time or energy to break down the problematic gender issues in that statement."

"How are you so good at this?" Dane asked Riven.

"Well, believe it or not, Terra and I used to hang out a bunch here. Look, I'll deny saying this, but she's not the worst. I might have led you both astray this year," Riven answered.

"You didn't," Mia sighed and looked at Beatrix, "Beatrix is special."

"Yeah," Dane agreed.

Riven set down a bowl with a misty potion in it and blew the mist onto Beatrix's face before looking at Dane and asking, "You are gay right?"

Dane sent him a confused look and Riven said, "I-I mean, I'm not... I'm not blind. I know when someone wants my d*ck, I mean I've known Mia for years."

"Riv!" Mia yelled as she playfully slapped his arm.

Dane chuckled and said, "I think you are hot. She is, too, in a different way."

"Mmm, who do you think of when you're having a wank?" Riven asked making Mia laugh.

Dane leaned in close to Riven's face and said, "F*ck you."

"That sounds like an answer," Beatrix said as she sat up.

Mia, Riven, and Dane all looked at each confused before Beatrix said, "No need to fill me in. I could hear everything. You three made the right choice. Rosalind will be impressed. When this is all over, you're going to want to be on our side."

She looked at Mia and asked, "Did you speak with Silva?"

Mia nodded, "Yeah, he confirmed everything you said. What happened at Aster Dell is real, he participated in it, and he found me there after killing all of those innocent people," she said.

"Honestly I'm surprised he confessed, but I'm glad that you know that truth," Beatrix said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Riven asked.

"Silva's not my dad, and he, Harvey, and Dowling aren't who they seem to be," Mia answered.

"We'll explain more later," Beatrix said.

"No, you two are going to explain now. You said you wanted us on your side, Bea. So help us understand your side," Riven said.

Mia sighed, "Dowling, Harvey, and Silva committed a war crime. They destroyed a town named Aster Dell. They killed hundreds of innocent people just because there were burned ones there. Rosalind, they're Headmistress, told them not to do it, but they didn't listen to her. After killing them, Silva found me alive in the town and raised me as his own," she explained.

"How do you know this is true?" Riven asked.

"Because I showed her Aster Dell. It's covered by a barrier made by Queen Luna that disguises it. It's a few hours away," Beatrix said.

Riven nodded and Dane looked at Mia, "What did Silva say when you asked if this was true?" He asked.

"He told me that he is not my birth father and that Aster Dell is real. When I asked him if he helped Dowling and Harvey kill all of those people, he refused to answer and just said that it was complicated. And maybe it is complicated, but it's not hard to say, 'No, I didn't kill people. There is more to the story though and I will explain it to you later'," Mia answered.

"I agree, if he was not guilty, then he would've just answered the question," Beatrix commented.

"So, you too honestly think that Dowling, Silva, and Harvey are murders?" Riven asked skeptically.

"I don't think they're bad people, I think they saw an opportunity to get rid of the burned ones and let that cloud their logic and morals," Mia said.

"Agreed, but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve to pay the consequences for their answers. Because of them, hundreds, maybe even thousands of people are dead," Beatrix continued.

Dane looked around as the lights flickered on and said, "We should leave before a professor catches us in here."

"Yeah, we shou-," Riven said before getting interupted by Beatrix, "Rosalind will be here soon, here her out. She and my dad have a plan. The three of you could be a part of it. This doesn't have to end."

"Hang on, your dad is the one who sent you here?" Mia asked.

"Well, technically he's not my dad, but he will know what to do," Beatrix answered before the door opened behind her and Mia.

They girls turned their head to look at the door. They saw a lady standing at the door, "Beatrix," she said.

"Rosalind," Beatrix said back.

Rosalind walked up the four of them, "It's been a long time," she said, eyeing Mia, Riven, and Dane for a second.

"They're friends, all three of them," Beatrix explained.

"Well, it's always nice to have friends. I suppose they would like to know what happens next," Rosalind said.

____________________________

A few days later Mia and Beatrix walked alongside each other into Alfea's courtyard.

"Why are the Solarians here?" Mia asked as she saw several black SUVs.

"Remember when I said that my dad and Rosalind have a plan?" Beatrix asked.

Mia nodded, "Yeah."

"Well, this is part of it. Just wait and see," Beatrix continued.

Mia watched as Queen Luna and her guards exited the SUVs and walked up to Silva and Sky, who were standing a few feet away from the girls.

"Saul Silva, it is with a heavy heart that I must place you under arrest," Queen Luna said.

"What the hell?" Mia mumbled and walked up to her father as he asked, "For what?"

"Dad, what's going on?" She asked.

Queen Luna looked at Mia and said, "Your father is being arrested for the attempted murder of Andreas of Eraklyon."

"Attempted?" Sky asked as Mia turned to Silva and asked, "Is that true, Dad?"

"Sweetheart, I can explain-" he began but was cut off by a guard grabbing him and pushing him towards the Queen's cars.

Sky and Mia stood there in shock as Silva got shoved into the back seat of one of the SUVs and a very much alive Andreas stepped out of another.

____________________________

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter and the book as a whole. Feel free to leave any suggestions or requests that you may have. I'm going to be marking the book as complete until season 2 comes out, so good bye until then 😁🥰

Published: 06/10/2021

Words: 1,132