Chapter 35

Hook

We've reached the classroom, Xiao Ruo have a death grip on my wrist and he kept on looking warily at his surroundings.

I was expecting the kids to stare at us in fear and stay away from us but all I've noticed is the spoiled brat girl who yelled ugly at me. She was pursing her lips with her eyes trained on me like a cat.

Huh, it doesn't feel bad now, seems like children's memory is like that of a goldfish which is in favor of us.

"Oh, JuJu and Xiao Ruo, come in" I stare at Teacher Ming's face but didn't see any disgust or annoyance in her eyes so I step in.

Xiao Ruo on the other hand kept in pulling me so I stop and look behind him.

"It's okay, come with me gege" I pulled him with me and thankfully, he didn't resist anymore.

We sat on our seats, the kids were looking at us for some seconds before they retract their curious eyes and play with their own friends.

"Attention kids! Look up here!" Teacher Ming shouted earning their attention. "I'll give you some coloring materials okay? Let's share it with our friends alright?"

The kids yelled yes and erupted into celebration, Teacher Ming brought back an envelope full of papers and coloring books then went to take a box of colors and gave it to the first kid.

"Pass it to the other kids and form a circle everybody!" The materials were passed till it reached the last kid. Then we formed a circle together, moving each chairs on our own.

Every kids have their mind on the activity while I decided to impress Teacher Ming by drawing a cartoon character unlike some scribbles and sticks figures from the others.

"Wow! Your drawing is so beautiful!" I heard someone shout from beside me, it was Chen Bao Lin, he gave a big smile which made his eyes almost transparent.

The other kids hearing the praise huddled on my table and look at my drawing with amazement and awe.

"Okay, okay kids, settle down. Let's get you finish your drawing first okay?" Teacher Ming intruder and smiled to the kids before taking a look of surprise at my drawing.

Hmph, if I have to compare myself to a child then that would smear my reputation of being an independent adult woman!

"Good job JuJu" she smiled then pressed a star on my arm before walking to other kids and giving praises to them.

"JuJu, your drawing are much more beautiful than mine" Xiao Ruo said in awe and I sat straigther glancing at him in pride.

I heard someone walking behind me and saw a girl with two braids in her head and a black rimmed glasses, she's like the personification of the word 'Nerd'

"C-Can you  t-teach me too?" She stumbles in her words, her eyes wary and begins to glance at my work with longing. 

"Okay!" It's not bad to socialize and it's best to do that with kids, especially those who have powerful and rich families.

Let's start hooking big plump fishes then!

...

Meanwhile, a call from He Yan's subordinate made her frown. It's been weeks after the kidnapping but she still cannot find the perpetrators.

She did find the kidnappers and was told that it was a woman, someone who has a very deep grudge on heir family 30 years ago. They were already sent to prison but it feels fishy for some reason, she couldn't write put it into words.

She has to go now and leave their son but before fully letting him fly on his own, he must deal with the danger surrounding her son.

She doesn't want another news telling her son was abducted from them, countless of nannies were fired and none truly stands out.

Juan and JuJu, at first she doubt if there was someone behind them, that these mother and daughter wasn't implicated but was deliberately given to them.

It was not, she can see it in her eyes though Juan remained clear for her innocent eyes, her daughter remains a mystery for her.

Nevertheless, they were now free of her suspicion on the kidnapping, all she can how for now is to let her child be smart and to be not deceived anymore.

***
Chapter 35 is up!

Research, math, why are you doing this to me?!!!

Anyway, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!