⤷ 08| PROFESSOR UMBRIDGE

chapter eight : Professor Umbridge

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper woke up with a smile. She had missed Hogwarts, she realized, as she glanced around her dorm. Both Angelina and Alicia were still asleep. She got up and exchanged her pajamas for her Hogwarts robes. Then, she grabbed her bag and wand, and made her way down to the common room.

Juniper crossed the room and climbed through the portrait hole. She made her way down to the Great Hall, humming a soft melody under her breath.

"June!" a voice squealed and seconds later, a pair of arms were wrapped around her.

Juniper stumbled back and looked down to see a mess of curly brown hair. She smiled and hugged Liam back.

"Hello, Liam."

"Congratulations on being Head Girl," he said, letting go of her and beaming up. "Not that I'm surprised, though."

June smiled. "Thanks."

The two of them made their way towards the Great Hall as Liam happily told her what he'd done during the summer holiday.

They entered the Great Hall and he quickly bid her a goodbye before hurrying over towards the Hufflepuff table and sitting down next to her friends.

June made her way to the Gryffindor table where she was soon joined by Fred and George.

"Good morning," she greeted them.

"Morning," the two of them said in union.

"If you want to be a good Head Girl and our friend, we suggest you don't look at the notice board in the common room," Fred said, as he sat down next to her.

June, who had decided long ago not to question the twins, nodded. "Sure."

"Great," George grinned.

Soon enough, Angelina Alicia and Lee joined them and they accepted their timetables from Professor McGonagall.

Angelina groaned. "We've got Defence Against the Dark Arts first thing today."

Alicia looked grimly. "Well, at least we have it with the Hufflepuffs."

"That's probably the best part of it all," June said. "At least we don't have it with the Slytherins."

"Maybe it's not that bad," Lee said.

Somehow, June didn't believe that.

☆ ☆ ☆

When they entered the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom they found Professor Umbridge already seated at the teacher's desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head. June was again reminded forcibly of a large fly perched unwisely on top of an even larger toad.