Hurt

Thea's POV>

I'm in my class right now when my close friend Siyeon called me out of the blue. "What is it this time Siyeon?"

She excitedly said, "Our seniors will be coming here to meet us today. Guess what strand are they?"

"Uhm...STEM?"

"How did you know??? Do you have a senior who studied here?" she asked with curiosity.

"No one, but I have a friend who has an older brother who studied to become a doctor."

She grasps my arms and pushes me outside then I suddenly met Kindred's eyes and he is with someone.

A woman.

"Do you know that Dr. Malcolm guy? He is one of the smartest medical student seniors here in our school!" Siyeon shouted with glee.

Alie suddenly came out of nowhere, "He is so freaking handsome! A man any woman would desire."

I got frustrated and I started to run away. "I'm going to the lounge upstairs for now Siyeon and Alie. Let's talk later, okay?"

The both of them have a confused look and I also noticed that Kindred glances at me running away. He was about to run to me when the woman who is holding his arms stopped him. I can't believe that he has a girlfriend. I really suck at everything. I don't even like him but why am I feeling something here in my heart and it makes me so sensitive.

Is this what they all call, falling in love?

I don't know what real love is since I'm still young but I said to myself that I won't fall for someone like Kindred. Why do I feel that I want him to be with me?

Klein appeared and sits beside me with ice cream in his hands. One for me and one for him. My favorite ice cream is chocolate and since we are very close when we were young we know what our likes and dislikes.

He looked at me, "Want an ice cream?"

"Yes please." I smiled at him.

"It seems that my older brother is making good progress on teaching you proper manners doesn't he?"

I smile sadly, "Yeah he is good at teaching me but I guess he has a relationship already with someone right?"

He hugs me for comfort, "I'm here for you if you need me, Thea."

"Thank you, Klein. You are the best childhood friend I ever had in my life."

After that, Klein asked me if I want to have lunch in the cafeteria. "I would love to have lunch in the cafeteria this time," I said with glee. He holds my hands when we are going down and I noticed Kindred looking at us. He changed his expression into a poker face.

I don't care whatever he even feels. He said himself he won't ever like a woman like me and we are just mutual. I can live my life how I wanted it to be. I spend my time with Klein. He treats me in the mall with many surprises and I can't believe that I enjoy my life more if I learn to put myself in someone's shoes which means understanding the person's situation by experiencing what they feel. When we go back to McDonald's where we had a meal together I said sorry to everyone and they forgive me.

I learned a big lesson in life as I grow older. Even though that I've been a bad girl before I now realized how valuable a person's life is. It is already dark outside and Klein decided we should go home.

Kindred is in his room as usual. He said we are home very late so on behalf of Klein I'm the one who volunteered to explain what happened.

"We spend some time together and we are very sorry we came home very late. Goodnight Dr. Kindred. Sleep well and sweet dreams." I bow to him and close the door shut.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Kindred's POV>

I'm really sad that Thea is spending her time with my younger brother more than me. I feel that I'm getting jealous suddenly. It's my fault anyway. She saw me with Jenny a while ago and I didn't know that she will react like that. I guess she is more compatible with Klein. She doesn't deserve someone like me even if I'm going to be her doctor.

"Goodnight Thea," I said to her then she closes the door shut.

I imagined Thea marrying Klein and it must not happen. I don't want her to marry Klein. Suddenly, I woke up then a message appears on my phone. "Surprise for her," I remembered that I set a date wherein I will surprise her but I supposed we are not on good terms right now and besides I'm going to be busy. I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Thea. Can I come in?" she sweetly said.

"Of course, come in Thea."

Thea told me she is planning on going out with her friends Siyeon and Alie this Sunday. She asked my permission this time which shocked me since after I thought her about proper manners she started to act like a noble lady and I'm liking it. To be honest, I think I fell in love with her. I don't know how to confront her but I can find a way at the right time.

"Just don't go home very late. I'm really worried that something bad might happen to you." I hug her and then she hugs me back. She smiled at me and then she left with a smile on her face.

Klein's POV>

I'm waiting for Thea outside since she wanted me to drive her to her friend's house so I'm patiently waiting for her right now. I saw her wearing a simple dress for the first time in my life and it looks so good on her. It is tempting me to kiss her sweet reddish lips.

"Let's go Klein." She said.

I started driving until we reached our destination. I hug her before she left me and also say her farewells.

"Stay safe always Thea."

She replied, "I will Klein don't worry."