7. The Apology

I'm back!

Anyways...I'm sure you're more interested in the chapter than in me, so here it is!

Enjoy 🌸

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

Today was the day I'd been impatiently waiting for. I squealed in delight as I ran down the stairs for breakfast. My mouth watered as the rich aroma of parathas and chai filled my nostrils. Despite having tried cuisines from all over the world, nothing can beat a paratha and a simple cup of chai. I walked into the dining room completely oblivious of the fact that Usman Uncle and his family were supposed to be having breakfast with us today. I saw my brother sitting on my chair, and I immediately narrowed my eyes at him.

 I have this habit of picking out my favourite seat, be it in a car or at home, and using it all the time

I have this habit of picking out my favourite seat, be it in a car or at home, and using it all the time. And this really irks my brother since I never let him have my seat, despite being the older sibling, which is why he annoys me by taking my place forcefully. But I was too happy to waste my time arguing with him, so I chose the sneakier option as I went up to him and gave him a big smooch on the cheek. His head snapped in my direction as he gave me a shocked look. He very rarely gets subjected to my affections, you see.

"Mere pyare bhai, please aj ke liye mujhe yahan bhet nedo? (My lovely brother, please let me sit here today?)" I gave him my sweetest smile with an innocent look on my face that always got him. And it did, as the brainless idiot gave me an automatic nod and moved over to another chair. I internally smirked.

"Idiot," I mumbled with a snort as I started filling my cup with chai. The whole family looked amused at my childish acts, and that's when I realised that it wasn't just my family, but Suleiman's as well. I flushed as I recalled the spectacle I had presented to these people not moments ago. I must have looked so stupid, I internally groaned. My brother, though, wasn't as amused.

"Again!? Seriously?" He just gave me a bored look and tried to cover up his embarrassment by acting all nonchalant. Not wanting to drag the drama further, and to cover up my own embarrassment, I quickly greeted everyone and indulged myself in the delicious breakfast.

Ping.

I opened my phone, only to realise that my husband, the man who was sitting just across the table from me, had just sent me a text. As soon as I opened up our chat, I could practically feel the heat crawling up my neck.

Suleiman: Won't you give your husband the same greeting? After all, he has more rights on those kisses of yours.