44

The door burst open, instantly waking Kamala up from her sleeping form.

Her eyes fluttered open at the familiar sound as memories from the cellar entered her mind. She immediately shot up from the bed, her eyes frantically looking around to see of she was safe.

"How fucking stupid are you!"

Alister stormed into the room, giving no time for air to even caress the surface of her throat before he stood in front of her, fury displayed on his physique.

"W-what?"
Her vision was still blurry as she hopelessly tried to focus it in on the man ahead of her.
Even though her brain did eventually let her remember Alister, her body still shook at the harsh tone he held with her.

"How dare you keep that from me!" Alister roared at the quivering girl to the point where she slowly retreated to the edge, tucking herself further into the furry black blanket that managed to serve as a safety net for the time being.

"I-I don't-"

"Cullen. What the fuck has he been saying to you!" He snarled as he roughly pulled her up by her waist into a sitting position.

The sound of his name brought shivers to appear around her figure, each shuddering with disgust as the memories of the man gradually reached her mind.
Each little thing he did.
The memory from the 14th floor that had been hunting her ever since was nor resonating her senses making her wish her recollection stayed empty with confusion.
The one thought she tried to forget.

"W-what a-about him?" She asked trying to seem as clueless as possible but she already knew the slight trembling in her tone made her question far from believable.

The question seemed to infuriate him more as he pulled on her jaw making sure her eyes were set directly on him while he stood in a stance above her, blocking her every view.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" Alister growled at her frightened face as he forcibly brought it closer. "What were you lying to me about!"

"A-Alister please, I-I don't know what you want me to-"

"Stop fucking lying!"
His tone loud and dangerous, making Kamala's tears appear throughout her eyes. Any other time, Alister would have stopped immediately and see what was wrong but right now, he was too far gone. All he saw was red and the thought of the traitor talking to the only person he trusted did not help calm him down.
"You're going to tell me exactly what happened."

"D-don't- I-I can't, I-"
Kamala struggled to find her words. Her memory was very fuzzy at the moment but the threat she had received from Cullen rang loudly throughout her head.

She couldn't. She can't. 

The tears sprang out of her eyes as she kept staring at Alister begging him to let the situation be, he heart rate picking up pace every-time Alister's grip tightened around her jaw. The action in itself was not too painful nor harmful, but his raging eyes that were set directly on her face made the relatively harmless movement seem that much more threatening. Menacing, even.

"I know you know something, don't waste your breath trying to convince me otherwise. How could you not fucking tell me? How brain-dead do you have to be!" He snarled, his intimidating voice echoing directly throughout her mind as small droppings were exiting her eyes.

"That asshole is nothing compared to me. A fucking coward that any of my men could have took out without a worry and yet you have somehow let him manipulate the situation. Risking not only the well being of my mafia but more importantly, your own fucking life. All you had to do was tell me!"

"P-please Alister. C-Cullen did nothing wrong."

She explained unable to even say her lie convincingly, disgusted by what she was saying.