Chapter twenty-seven

The weeks had passed as if they were hours. 

Three moths have gone by since my life had changed for the better. My life was no longer black and white. The love my brothers and friends showed me, had brought the colour back that I had lost after the death of mom. 

It was now mid-October. Autumn was always my favourite season, not because it's almost my birthday, but because it shows us how beautiful it is to let things go. 

Things have been great these past weeks. Nightmares were almost non-existent, panic attacks were limited and I have never felt this happy in my life. 

Everything was just perfect. 

I got to know Carter better and find him pleasant company even though he's more than thirty years older than me. He has great stories about his previous missions with dad. 

Unlike Carter, I've tried to avoid Jason as much as possible. Not that he's doing anything wrong, but he reminds me too much of Nick because he has a similar appearance. 

I'm scared that when I'm too long in the same room with him, he will trigger another attack. 

I didn't tell my brothers about the uneasy feeling I get around him because they are fond of him, and I don't want to ruin their bond with Jason. 

The twins and I were spread on the couch watching TV. 

Cole could be here any minute now. He asked me this morning if he could check my ribs again. He told me broken ribs can take around six to twelve weeks to heal.

In my case it was around twelve weeks because they had suffered severe trauma. I had hardly any problems with it in the last few days, so I suspect that they are healed. Cole just needs to conform it. 

Speaking of the devil, here he comes. 

The bright smile on his face couldn't be missed. 

"What got you this happy?" I asked him. 

"He probably got laid," Aiden replied. 

As a reaction Cole threw a pillow in his face. 

"And I just vomited in my mouth," I said, which caused them to laugh. 

"Now serious, I just received a call from Alexandra. She said you are doing so well that she changes the sessions to once every two weeks instead of once a week," he smiled.

"Really?" I asked overly excited.

I couldn't help but feel proud of myself, I went from three sessions in a week to this. 

The gratitude I feel for Alex is indescribable, without her I wouldn't be the person I am now. I'm no longer a scared, weak girl with no purpose in her life. 

I don't think I would be sitting here without her help.

"Yes Luna," Cole chuckled.

Before I knew it I jumped in Cole's arms out of sheer joy. He caught me and spun me around, which caused giggles to escape my throat. 

"I can't describe how proud I am of you, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual with the others," I heard Ethan say who was now behind me with Aiden. 

They both had the brightest smile I had ever seen, perfectly showing me what effect I have on them. 

Now they truly looked like each other's reflection. Normally there is always a small difference lurking in their eyes that separates them as a person. 

In a way they are total opposites. But that is the intriguing thing about them because they balance each other out. Their bond went deeper than any of us could ever comprehend.